ɴᴀᴄʜᴛ ғᴀᴜsᴛ || ᴇɴɪɢᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ

Start from the beginning

Yet, you are not foolish enough to venture blindly into danger, for you know well the adage that curiosity can be a two-edged sword. Armed with the knowledge of your own capabilities, your mana reserves, and the quality of your magic, you meticulously devise a plan, a strategy crafted with the precision of a master tactician.

For even though you possess the means to vanquish any who dare to threaten your existence, you understand the importance of gaining the upper hand, of ensuring victory through cunning and guile.

Life, delicate as a spider's thread in the breeze, is a precious gift not to be squandered on the precipice of recklessness. For you, bound by the oath to seek knowledge beyond the boundaries of comprehension, existence itself seemed to conspire to place in your path challenges that dared to test the very limits of your being.

And so, with the shadows of uncertainty looming over your path, you steel yourself for the inevitable confrontation with the mysterious Nacht Faust.

What a fate it is.

As the dappled sunlight filtered through the dense canopy of the woods, casting shifting patterns of shadow and light upon the forest floor, your irritation simmered beneath the surface like a coiled serpent awaiting its moment to strike. The sight of Nacht, with his disconcertingly false smile etched upon his lips, only served to fan the flames of annoyance that smoldered within you.

"Why do I keep crossing paths with you?" you demanded, your voice edged with a sharpness born of frustration as you confronted him amidst the silent embrace of the woods.

Nacht's smile remained fixed in place, a facade that grated against your senses like nails on a chalkboard. Yet beneath the veneer of civility, you sensed a simmering undercurrent of something darker, something that sent a shiver of unease down your spine.

"That should be my line," he retorted, his words laced with a hint of amusement that only served to fuel the fire of your irritation.

With a roll of your eyes, you dismissed his retort with a wave of your hand, unwilling to entertain his games any longer.

"I've made it clear that I'm a traveler," you responded with a hint of frustration. "It wouldn't be unexpected to encounter me while I'm wandering. However, your presence raises more doubts."

Nacht's smile widened ever so slightly, a sardonic glimmer dancing in the depths of his eyes.

"And as you're aware, I hold the title of Magic Knight," he replied smoothly, his tone oozing with an aura of superiority. "Thus, it's only logical for me to conduct patrols in the vicinity, wouldn't you agree?"

The mention of his role as a Magic Knight only served to deepen the mystery surrounding Nacht, his presence in Spade Kingdom a puzzle you were loath to unravel. Yet, despite the thinly veiled mockery in his tone, you sensed a hidden agenda lurking beneath the surface of his words.

"Patrolling? In Spade, when you're supposed to be in Clover?" you questioned, your voice carrying a hint of skepticism.

"Just because I'm a Magic Knight from Clover doesn't imply that my duties are confined solely within the borders of the Kingdom," he replied cryptically. "There's often more to a situation than meets the eye, if you catch my meaning."

As his words hung in the air like a lingering mist, you couldn't shake the feeling that there was indeed more to Nacht than met the eye. Yet, despite your instincts screaming for caution, you knew better than to pry too deeply into matters that were not your concern.

As you walked away, your steps echoing loudly in the silent woods, you refused to spare Nacht even a fleeting glance, your resolve unyielding in the face of his enigmatic presence. With a tired sigh escaping your lips, you voiced your disdain, the frustration of encountering him once again bubbling to the surface.