the light reflects the chain on your neck

Loosely based on "You Are In Love" by Taylor Swift. :)

--

Three knocks on Eddie's door, at damn near exactly midnight.

Eddie answers the door with a tired expression, clear that he'd just been woken up. Buck stands in front of him, his pupils dilating with both the sight of Eddie, and the familiar, warm lit house he's spent so much time in.

"Buck? Why are you here, what time is it?" Eddie murmurs out, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes as he steps aside, letting the other man in his house without a second thought. Not that he would need to think it over. Buck is always allowed in his house.

"I'm sorry to bother you, Eddie, it's so late, but I just- It can't wait anymore." As Buck steps into the house, he keeps his eyes on Eddie, the warm lighting on his chain. Eddie nods and brings Buck into the kitchen, where most late night talks occur, where Christopher can't hear them.

Eddie moves to the fridge, on instinct, either to grab a beer or water. He grabs both, unsure of what kind of night it is, and sets them on the counter. Buck will take one if needed. "Okay. Go." He nods. As soon as Eddie looks back up from the drinks on the counter, he knows it's more than usual. The look that Buck has on his face, he's never seen before. He's not sure anyone has. It's just for him.

"God, shit- I need coffee." Buck laughs breathlessly, running a hand through his hair. He swallows thickly, then looking at Eddie again. His expression doesn't change, and Eddie doesn't laugh. He moves to the machine and starts to brew a mug for each of them.

Silence. Coffee brewing, soft footsteps, brushing hands, slow sips, and then the silence stops, when Eddie speaks. "Buck?"

Buck just nods, knowing he needs to explain his reason for showing up so late. He swallows another sip of coffee quickly, before looking back at Eddie with a nod. Their shoulders brush as Eddie finally takes a seat next to him.

"Eddie, you're my best friend." Buck starts, looking at him with the most unreadable expression. At least that's what Eddie takes from it. Unreadable. It's a mixture of anger, sadness, guilt, happiness, and the largest amount of love.

"Buck, you're my-"

Buck cuts Eddie off, insecurity flowing out of him like no other. "Please, Eddie. Please let me finish before you say anything." And without speaking again, Eddie stops. He sits back in his chair and gives his full attention to his best friend. "Eddie, you're my best friend. And I just- Jesus, I know I can count on you to be here when I just need to.. Laugh, cry, rant, scream." He swallows, running a hand through his hair.

He continues. "God, I love being with you, but I hate when we're silent." Buck rambles, turning his head away from Eddie to finish what he needs to say. "I hate that silence. When I hear that silence, I want to fill that silence with.. Something. Anything. I want to tell you what I feel, why I feel it, why I'm being silent in the first place, and that's because I want to kiss you through every pause of your words."

Eddie's face pales at the confession, before the blood rushes to his face all at once. His eyes light up, and that's when he notices that Buck can't even see how he's reacting yet. He smiles. "𝘌𝘷𝘢𝘯, look up." He murmurs. And Buck does, because what else is he supposed to do when Eddie says his name like that? Their shoulders brush once again, and sparks fly through their bodies.

Eddie's palm finds Buck's cheek, his pinky just hooking under his jaw. Buck's hand comes up to meet it, their hands the same size, beautifully curling around Eddie's. And Eddie's lips meet Buck's lips, and Buck's lips meet Eddie's.

And now, there's silence. But in that silence, Buck is doing what he dreamt of doing, every time Eddie went quiet.

Eddie finally pulls away to smile against the other man's lips, and then run his hand through Buck's hair.

"You're my best friend." Eddie whispers against Buck's lips, and then a grin breaks onto his lips, the air around them growing so comfortable, so warm, so light. "I love you."

And that, simply, is all it takes for Buck to lose his mind, and crash his lips against Eddie's once again.

--

im tired bye