But You Aren't a Girl

"Come over." Buck texts Eddie at 3:30 in the afternoon. They both have a day off, and Christopher is hanging out with a friend. (Much to Eddie's disappointment, he misses his kid.)

"If you call me an uber." Eddie jokingly responds, though he felt a fluttery feeling as the next message comes through.

"It's coming in 5." It wasnt a minute later that Buck responds with that. Eddie quickly gets up, tugging on a sweatshirt and grabbing his keys. Buck texts Eddie that the ride is there, and Eddie locks the door behind him.

Buck's confused as to why Eddie didn't ask why he needed to come over. He's surprised when Eddie knocks on the door, as he has a key.

Eddie greets Buck with a smile, one thats strongly returned. "Hey, Eds."

"Hey. Uh, why did you want me to come over?" Eddie questions, sidestepping around Buck to sit on one of the stools around the kitchen island. Buck quickly finds a seat next to him.

"Uh. It felt inappropriate to ask over text, uh." Buck looked away, embarrassed. Eddie knows it isn't a bad thing, just not something you can make eye contact for. He doesn't know what it is, but he can't pull his eyes away from Buck. "You texted me I love you, about a week ago. We've never really said that to each other. Uh.. Why did you send it?"

Eddie finds himself equally embarrassed, rubbing the back of his neck. "Uh. Karen and Hen said some things during our talk. I just needed to say it. Um. My question following that is, why did you say I love you too?"

Buck snickers like its ridiculous. "Because I feel it, Eddie. I love you too. You're one of the only people I can openly say I love."

"One of? Who are the others?" It's a question Eddie already knows the answer to. Now that's a ridiculous question.

"Ah, well, you. Bobby, Athena, Maddie, Chimney, Hen, Karen, Christopher, Denny, and of course Jee-Yun. It sounds ridiculous to say the 'only' people. But, I don't even list my parents anymore. That's what you all mean to me."

Eddie's heart pounds in his chest, probably a little too fast. "It feels weird to say I love you to someone." Eddie smiles. "A good weird, when I say it to you, ya know?" Eddie continues.

"You're starting to sound like you're inlove with me, Eds," Buck almost sounds like he's joking, but there's an almost-crack in his voice. A crack that sounds hopeful. Eddie catches that and runs it through his head.

Eddie pauses and turns to face Buck, finding his eyes already looking back. He keeps quiet for just a beat longer. "What if I was?" Eddie mumbles out, atleast he thinks it was a mumble.

Buck's eyes seem to light up. "You are?" He questions, sitting up straighter.

"I-I didn't say I was." Eddie stammers, almost worried. "But. How would you feel if I was inlove with you?" The words fall out of his mouth easily, as if he's been waiting his whole life to ask that question to someone.

Buck senses that he's going to have to make the first move, and he's anxious even though it's one hundred percent reciprocated. "I would have to tell you that I'm inlove with you too, Eddie."

Eddie leans up, or Buck leans down, or they both lean and meet in the middle, because one second Buck was affectionately saying Eddie's name, the other second he was kissing the minty toothpaste flavor off of Eddie's lips.

Eddie pulls back and Buck carefully groans, trying to chase his lips. Eddie blinks slowly at him, and then pinches himself terribly hard, yelping in pain.

"Why the hell did you do that!?" Buck holds back a laugh, surprised at the sudden bruising on Eddie's arm. Eddie starts to laugh, knocking his head on Buck's shoulder, choosing to leave his head there for a moment, then tipping his head up to look him in the eyes.

"Because, Evan. I wanted to know if I was dreaming. Because a kiss like that only existed in my wildest dreams." His name is beautiful dripping off of Eddie's tongue, and the eye contact is intoxicating.

"I love you." Eddie continues, and Buck cups his face in his hands. Eddie easily melts into him, the warmth in his face noticable.

"Well shit, I love you too, Eds." Buck smirks, reconnecting their lips.

----
Its here yall, bye