Copycats

Based on the Tarlos proposal scene but also not really (copycats made sense in my head)
---

Eddie and Buck sat on Eddie's couch, their "fancy" ordered teas long forgotten as they fixated on the comfortable silence, only broken by the theme song of the old show "Room Raiders." Buck was sat cross-legged, at an angle so he was halfway facing Eddie, but also watching the tv. Eddie was leaning back, sinking into the couch, unbelievably close to each other.

"Hey. So, I've been thinking about somethings." Buck started, tone serious.

Eddie didn't pick up on the seriousness, so he just hummed. "When are you not?" He turned his head, looking at Buck straight in the eye, a playful expression on his face. Buck rolled his eyes affectionately, breaking eye contact by hanging his head.

"No. Seriously. I've just been thinking- We never really tell each other we love each other. I mean, that isn't a problem if you're like uncomfortable with it, but we never really talk about that. I know it's implied, but we don't ever just.. say it. And that's bothering me because I should tell you that."

"Buck, that isn't an issue, of course I love you-" Eddie started to interrupt, but Buck stopped him.

"I'm.. not done, Eddie." He paused. "I'm scared to say I love you because I'm not entirely sure that it's platonic. Uh, platonic meaning, as friends," Eddie's eyebrows raised, and Buck started to panic. "And I know that it's really sudden, for me to just burst out and say it, because I really am not that person. I would try to warm you up, give you a special occasion, give you loving touches and all.. But I can't put off telling you anymore. No matter what you say or think, I'm inlove with you, Eddie." He finally took a breath, closing his eyes, trying to hide himself from Eddie.

Eddie was shocked, mouth slightly agape. Buck opened his eyes to see the expression, the face being made, made the panic spread. "And I don't want to ruin everything, so you can just ignore everything I just said, but I swear I didn't mean to break anything or hurt anything-"

Eddie put a warm hand ontop of Buck's shaking one, one that he didn't even remember was on his thigh. "Evan. Are you going to stop talking so I can tell you I'm inlove with you too?"

Buck's heart beat so hard it felt like it would fly out of his chest. "God, I hope so." He smiled anxiously, and soon following those words, a warm and gentle pair of lips met with his, and Buck's hands instinctively moved to slide into place with Eddie's jaw. Eddie trailed one of his hands up Buck's arm, following it to place his hand above his again, and the other hand was supporting him from just falling back into the couch.

As they pulled back, their eyes met again. Buck dove into Eddie's arms for a loving hug, one that was strongly needed after that confession. "I'm not a wordy person. You fill that space for me. But I know that I love you too, Evan."

Buck smiled against his neck. "I like when you call me Evan." He sighed happily, causing Eddie to hum contentedly.

"I'll be sure to call you that more often." Eddie smiled as he was being pulled backwards, almost ontop of Buck. Buck chuckled, pressing a chaste kiss to his forehead.

"Sleep with me, Eddie," He purred out teasingly, his tone joking but hopeful. Eddie blushed and shook his head confusedly.
"I will lay with you, and potentially fall asleep. But I won't-" He shuddered jokingly, causing Buck to laugh loudly, giving Eddie the response to cover his mouth. "Christopher is sleeping, shh!" He snorted, but eventually started laughing with him. By the time they were settling down, they were stumbling back to Eddie's bed, quiet giggles rippling through the hallway.

Buck sprawled out on Eddie's bed, Eddie joining him and latching onto his side once the door was closed, the affection was one that the pair had waited for for a long time. And once finally happy with their position, the boys finally fell asleep.
---

lolz what are y'all's thoughts on oliver's photoshoot?😍