Chapter 3

Gabriel tossed and turned all night, he couldn't sleep because every dream turned into a nightmare from which he woke up drenched in sweat. He dreamed of tomorrow's plan to kidnap Nathalie. In this dream, they try to catch her many times, but it always ends in someone's death. His last dream was the worst. Nathalie grabbed him by the neck and pinned him to the wall. She stared at him with those big blue eyes that soon turned pink. Then she moved so close to him that their faces were only millimeters apart. After a while, Nathalie moved closer to Gabriel's ear and whispered, "Now you will join your Emilie, I will be good enough to kill you like I killed her." When you join her, give her my regards." With these words, Nathalie stabbed the knife into Gabriel's stomach. Gabriel woke up screaming and covered in sweat. He was so scared that he had to get some fresh air to calm his rapidly beating heart. Gabriel went out to the tiny balcony, leaning on the railings. He covered his face with his hands and began to breathe deeply. After a while, a terrified Adrien ran into the room.

...............................................................

A: Dad, what's going on? I heard screams.

Adrien saw that his father was not in the room. He was about to leave when he noticed the open balcony door. He went out to the balcony, finding his father leaning on the railing, breathing heavily. He walked up to him and put his hand on his shoulder. Gabriel jumped away in fear.

A: Dad, it's just me. What happened?

G: Forgive me, son. It's nothing just a nightmare.

A: You're terrified, it wasn't just a nightmare. Did you dream about Nathalie?

Gabriel sighed heavily. He walked over to the railing again, leaning on it. He didn't say anything, just stared into space. Adrien also walked up to the railing, imitating his father.

A: Will you tell me what the nightmare was?

A small smile appeared on Gabriel's face.

G: Shouldn't I be the one calming you down after your nightmares?

A: Maybe, but I see you need it too.

There was silence. Both boys stared ahead, watching the sunrise.

G: Really nice sunrise, maybe we should get up this early more often.

Adrien sees that his father is deliberately changing the subject. He knows he won't force him to confess, so he simply confirmed, secretly hoping that his father would have the courage to tell him.

A: Yes...

Gabriel looked at his son, who was staring dispassionately at the sunrise. However, he saw hes fighting with herself to bring up the topic again.

G: You really want to know? I don't want to burden you with my problems.

A: Of course, we are in this together. I don't want to go back to the time when each of us sat within our own walls, consumed by our own sadness.

G: I promise you it will never happen again, son.

Gabriel placed one hand on Adrien's hand that was on the railing. Adrien looked at his father expectantly.

G: Well, I'll say it.

Gabriel let go of his son's hand and looked back ahead.

G: I dreamed about Nathalie. She pinned me to the wall by my neck.Then she whispered in my ear that she was the one who killed Emilie and she would kill me the same way. Which she did after a while, stabbing me in the stomach.