Chapter 2

Gabriel sits in the kitchen drinking coffee, contemplating his next step. After his conversation with his son, he decides to face his fear and face Nathalie, trying to convince her to join the resistance. His thoughts are interrupted by Adrien running into the kitchen.

...............................................................

A: Dad, we're having a resistance meeting at your hideout. Alya found some interesting information about Nathalie.

Before Gabriel could respond, Adrien ran out of the kitchen. He began to wonder if his son had presented him with a fait accompli without giving him the opportunity to escape. He took the last sip of coffee and headed towards his hiding place.

In hideout

Gabriel slowly descended the elevator. Through the elevator glass, he saw four teenagers waiting for him. They stood around a rectangular table on which, on Alya's side, there was a laptop with a cable connected to large screen. When he reached the group, he was greeted warmly by everyone.

Al/Ni/M: Good morning, Mr. Agreste

A: Hello dad, glad you joined us. A sly smile appeared on Adrien's face.

...............................................................

Gabriel was now sure of Adrien's plan, although he did not support his son's behavior, he was also grateful for his determination.

G: Hello everyone. Adrien said something about information on Nathalie. What did you find?

Al: After Adrien and Marinette told us about your short adventure, I decided to take a closer look at this Nathalie. There is very little information about her on the Internet, it seems to be a deliberate action. As if someone wanted to erase her from existence. That's why I dug deeper and came across an old article from 15 years ago.

Alya projects the image onto the big screen. In the middle of the article it was written in large letters "Nathalie Sancoeur is dead." Everyone was shocked by this information.

G: How is that possible, then who is the woman I saw?

Al: I think it's still Nathalie. Look.

Alya highlighted a fragment later in the article.

...............................................................

"The young archaeologist Nathalie Sancoeur died during one of her solo expeditions. Witnesses claim that the cave in which she was staying collapsed due to the earthquake. However, the body was never found."

Then Alya scrolled to the bottom of the article where there was a photo of young Nathalie. In this photo, Nathalie was wearing a yellow hat, an orange jacket, and a black blouse with straps underneath. On her feet she was wearing orange pants and high black shoes. Next to her stood a woman with a blurred face. Only her outfit was visible. She was wearing a white long shirt and white pants.

G: Who is that woman next to Nathalie?

Al: I don't know, no one mentions the presence of the second woman in the article. Nathalie is presented as a lonely archaeologist. It's possible that this photo could have been taken much earlier.

G: Did you find any other interesting information?

Al: As for Nathalie herself, no. This is the only article that provides any information, but I found another interesting thing.

...............................................................

Alya typed something on the computer and after a while, a photo of Nathalie, whom Gabriel had previously shown to Adrien, appeared on the screen. The words "Red Hunter" were written above the photo.