Chapter 1

A week has passed since the events of the past. The fight against Supreme was still going on but without any major victories. Adrien, who had been watching his father the whole time, noticed a change in him. Gabriel transformed into Hesperia less and less often, and when he did, he quickly disappeared after the action is completed. Later he started sending Adrien as a messenger with attack plans. Gabriel's withdrawal from his role as a hero began to worry him. He had the impression that they were drifting apart again, like after his mother's death. He didn't want to go through the same thing again, so he decided to talk to his father. They will eat dinner in a moment. Adrien decided this was the perfect time to talk about it. He reached the dining room and sat down on one of the chairs, waiting for his father to arrive. After a few minutes, the door opened where his father passed through it.

...............................................................

A: Hello father

G: Hello son

Gabriel walked over to the table and sat down in the chair across from Adrien.

G: How was it in school?

A: Very good, the classes may have been a bit boring but together with Alya, Nino and Marinette we were thinking about our next step.

G: I guess you don't need me anymore hah.

A: This is not true, although we come up with all sorts of plans, you are our leader who guides us. Most of our plans are unfinished, we could definitely use your perspective. And thanks to you...

G: Adrien, I really appreciate these words, but you don't have to praise me. I am aware that you work better together. I'm not angry. You and Marinette are great heroes who could be the future of this city. But if you ever need my help, I will be happy to advise you.

A: Is that why you're withdrawal from being a hero?

G: What do you mean?

A: I've noticed that you're becoming less and less involved in the resistance. You rarely go on missions and send me to convey plans.

...............................................................

Gabriel sighed heavily. He got up from the table and stood by the door, waiting for Adrien to follow him. The two went to Gabriel's secret hideout. Gabriel walked over to the large monitor at the end of the hideout. He typed something and a photo of a woman with short red hair wearing a short purple and navy blue jumpsuit appeared on the large screen. She had tinted glasses on her nose. She held a crossbow in her hand.

A: Is that her?

G: Yes, unfortunately, as I expected, she works with Supreme.

A: But I still don't understand why you want to give up being a super hero.

G: Because of fear.

A: I don't understand

G: I met Nathalie during one of our fights. I didn't have direct contact with her, but I saw what kind of person she was. She is a soldier who follows orders without a trace of compassion or morality. I saw nothing but emptiness in her eyes, as if she had lost her soul long ago.

A: So you just give up? After all, you were the one who first opposed Supreme. You did it even though you were alone against the world and now you just want to give up. You yourself tell me many times about hope for a better world. Why doesn't this belief include Nathalie. We can save her too. No one is really evil, just harmed by life and it is up to us whether we agree to take a helping hand. You believed in me and Ladybug, it's time to believe in Nathalie too.

...............................................................

Gabriel stared at Adrien with his mouth wide open. Unconsciously, a tear fell from his eye. He was so proud of Adrien in that moment. He walked up to him and hugged him tightly. Adrien was surprised at first, but after a while he hugged back. After a while, they pulled away, but Gabriel still had his hands on Adrien's shoulders.

G: I am very proud of you son, now you are the one who brings hope. I wish I knew when you became such an adult.

Now Adrien had tears of joy. It was the first time his father told him he was proud of him.

A: I think you inspired me, Dad. A big, genuine smile appeared on Adrien's face.

...............................................................

The two boys hugged again. In that moment, they both realized that they were each other's hope. Although the road will not be easy, they will support each other towards a better future. Gabriel still had doubts and fear of meeting Nathalie again, but he wasn't going to give up. Not now when his son believes in him so much.