Chapter 8: Reboot

Start from the beginning

"You little fool. I'm glad you could drop in! It's game over for you," Roxy growled.

"Uh oh!" Gregory exclaimed. He dashed out the door behind him and made a mad dash out of Freddy's room. Roxy was hot on his heels. Gregory kept on running until he made it through the door that led to the Backstage Controls. Then, he ran up a set of metal stairs in a dark room. When he reached the top of the stairs, he ran through a small office room and into a larger office room with many computers lining the walls of the room, and a tower of monitors and panels, back to back, lined up in the center of the room. The walkway of the room was a rectangular formation, and there were four security doors in total in the room. All of them locked the moment Gregory stepped foot in the room, but he only had limited time. Eventually, the power would run out...

~~~

Chica's systems activated once again. Immediately, she could tell something was wrong. Her casing was incredibly filthy, and smelled the part. Her right arm was dysfunctional and it reeked of burns and blood. Internal alarms were blaring at maximum volume, telling her she was severely damaged.

"Extensive damage detected. Please report to Parts and Service," Chica's internal announcer said. Chica's mind was fuzzy, and she could barely remember what happened after she was practicing. Despite this, she still had a decent idea of what she did- again. For now, it looked like she was back to normal.

"Uh... What happened to me?" Chica groaned exhaustedly. Her right arm was emitting sparks again and it was hanging limp at her side. Chica's casing over her head and right arm were completely gone, and her naked Endoskeleton head with her beak was out for everyone to see. Chica rose to her feet from the ground, slowly and shakily. Her right arm caused her to struggle while trying to stand up.

"Ah! Blast these infernal parts!" Chica exclaimed. With the claws of her left hand, she severed the wiring of her right arm. Then, she winced and yelped as she yanked the arm off her metal supports.

"I need to call for help. Is Freddy okay? I need to connect to his FazWatch," Chica muttered. Internally, her communications systems tried to call Freddy's FazWatch. However, when the receiver answered, it was not who she was expecting.

"Huh? Who is THIS?" The voice of a young boy demanded.

"Wait, you aren't Freddy! Who are you?" Chica demanded.

"CHICA?! You're back online?" the boy exclaimed.

"Yes, I am! Now, where is Freddy?!" the animatronic demanded urgently. She was growing inpatient with this clueless boy. Did he not understand the urgency of the situation?!

"I don't know! Freddy was captured by some rabbit lady and Monty, and I can't contact him. Roxy is trying to kill me!" Gregory replied.

When Gregory mentioned the rabbit lady, something clicked inside Chica. Suddenly, the memory of everything that had happened that night came rushing back, like she was reliving it. The memories overwhelmed her like a flood, and before she knew it, it was all over. She remembered Vanny taking control of her, her trying to kill Gregory, and getting beat badly.

"My goodness. I remember!" the animatronic yelled animatedly.

"Okay, are you able to get me out of here?! I'm in the Backstage Control Room. Roxy is trying to get in!" Gregory demanded.

"Oh! I know how to get you out. I know there are some buttons by the monitors in that room. One of them will open up a door in Rockstar Row. Then, find a vent on the floor. I'll take things from there," Chica instructed.

Without further ado, Chica rushed out of Freddy's room and up to a door across from the gap between Monty's green room and Roxy's room. This door was to a hallway that ran under the Control Room and to the Main Stage of the Atrium. A few moments later, the door slid open on its own. Chica walked down a set of stairs into a dark, cardboard-colored concrete hallway. At each corner and end of a hall, there was a light that illuminated the area. Chica walked down the hallway until she saw a light shining from above. She was directly beneath a vent in the Control Room.