~.+Mission: Frozen Tundra+.~

~.+*+.~

"Guys! Price and Gaz are back!" (Y/N) said, watching the chopper land outside. Soap, Ghost, and Laswell followed her outside, and sure enough, Price and Gaz came to them.

"What's the state of play with Nolan?" Laswell asked them.

"He's less conversational than he was." Gaz replied simply.
"More of the silent type now." Price added. Laswell narrowed her eyes, exchanging glances with Price.

"They're at war with the world. That's for sure." Gaz confirmed.

"He's got blind faith in Makarov." Price said, clenching his fists. "Makarov needs him." Laswell pointed out. "Been contacting non stop. He knows something's wrong."

"You intercepted their comms." Gaz said, surprised. Laswell smirked.
"Affirmative. Nolan got quiet but his radio and phone speak volumes."
"What do we know?" Price asked her.

"They're delivering someone or something to an abandoned Soviet Prison complex." she answered.

Gaz hummed. "Where?" "Siberia." she replied. "When?" Price added. "Tomorrow."
Price nodded. "This is our shot at Makarov."

But Gaz was unsure. "No guarantees he's there." Price snarled.
"I'll take that chance." Laswell smiled at him. "I knew you would. Nik can get you in and out."

"I want everybody in on this." Price said. "Including Farah. She'll be next to Ghost and (Y/N). She's one of the best snipers I know."

Laswell nodded. "You can pick her up on the way. I'll relay."

"We'll need C-4 and dry gear." Price reminded them. Gaz sighed.
"We're getting wet."
Price shrugged. "So is Makarov."

~.+On the Chopper+.~

(Y/N) sat next to Ghost as the chopper started to launch. "We're going to pick up Farah, and then go to the mission spot."

"Got it. Safe driving, Nik." Price said. Nikolai nodded and the chopper launched. The chopper was quite bustling with words and chatter, but Ghost and (Y/N) sat awkwardly next to each other.

"Are you nervous?" (Y/N) blurted out abruptly, trying to break the silence between them. Ghost didn't move.
"No."

(Y/N) didn't expect such a simple reply, but just nodded.
"Are you?"
Ghost's question caught her off guard, and she blinked at him.

Ghost stared at her back. (Y/N) gave him a smile that made him blink. "No, I'm not. In fact, I'm quite excited. I'm getting to meet a girl! And even her name is pretty! Finally!" Ghost blinked again.

"You already have Laswell." he pointed put. But (Y/N) crossed her arms. "I've known Laswell for long enough. I need someone new."

Ghost shrugged, before looking at the gear that was on her shoulders. With a careful but sturdy hand, he adjusted her slightly tilted gear, making her flinch. Ghost noticed her reaction, and quickly kept his hands to himself.

"We're almost at the pickup spot." he said suddenly, trying to divert her attention. (Y/N) just nodded awkwardly, turning her gaze to Price, Gaz, and Soap. The chopper then landed, and the door opened.
Price was the first to go outside, and as he did, he was greeted by Farah.

"Farah. Nice to see you again." he smiled, holding out his hand for a handshake. Farah accepted, smiling back at him.

"Likewise, Captain." she replied, shaking his hand. Nikolai gave her a nod, before helping both Price and Farah onto the chopper. He then closed the door and headed off.