"Just us." Luke warns,

"We've gotta go to practice now, please don't do anything crazy" He gives a pointed look to Eve who twirls another piece of her hair clueless.

"We'll go out" I say turning my attention to Luke, he stares back at me with a soft expression on his face. Pressing a gentle kiss to my lips before he drags Wyatt by the ear taking him upstairs with Adam following.

"Where are we going?" Eve says her interest clearly piqued,

"Everywhere." I tease.

⎯⎯ ୨୧ ⎯⎯

The everywhere in question turned out to be the local mall ten minutes away and then we ended up at the diner for my shift since Eve wanted to tag along.

Eve had her fair share of harassing middle aged men for shouting at her and I finally found a way to drag her away, not wanting my boyfriends sister to end up in jail on his birthday.

I let her take me to a table in the side of the restaurant for my break halfway through my shift, I feel bad having her here with me but I need to pay the rent for this month and figure out how to pay Bens hockey bills.

As it turns out Eve makes a pretty good distractor as she makes us assess every person that walks pass us.

"Definitely a pound it type of guy" Eve remarks at the scrawny dude walking past our table, I choke on my cola causing him to look back at us and do a double take.

Despite Luke and Eves physical differences from their appearance. Eve has mild curly hair while her brother has wavy straight, Eve has one dimple while Luke has two, the list goes on an on.

Luke and Eve are the exact same person in the inside, their walls are built up in different ways. Luke turns away from everyone making his walls visible but Eve, Eve's walls are shown by the forwardness of her actions.

They're eyes both reflect shattered glass, a reflection of how they see the world, how they view themselves having to live their whole life with the knowledge of their past. Haunted.

A kid shouldn't be 13 and fighting for his life to stay alive. A kid shouldn't be 10 begging her father to not kill her brother.

And yet through everything the Beckett siblings have gone through, they hold their ground.

"You are insane" I laugh my stomach tensing as Eve mirrors my actions. Eve searches for our next target while I check my phone noticing the time, it's 3pm and since Luke's party starts at 6pm I have about an hour left on the shift give or take.

I check my notifications next since I haven't checked if my mum messaged me today I scroll until I find her contact.

Mum💞: Good news hun! Anonymous user gofunded enough to cover Bennys hockey until next summer!

Me: Who was it?
My curiosity piques at the random person out there willing to pay 500$ for my brothers hockey.

Mum💞: Anonymous!!

"Hey, I've gotta go back-" I start but stop myself when I realise Eve isn't even listening to me instead her mouth is open as she stares at something behind me.