Chapter 3: Clash of Wills

Hwang Hyunjin, the formidable CEO of Hwang Corp, strode through the opulent halls of his family's mansion with an air of quiet authority. At twenty-two, he was already a force to be reckoned with in the world of business—a ruthless tycoon with a sharp mind and an even sharper tongue.

As he entered the room where Felix was staying, Hyunjin's gaze swept over the young man standing before him. Felix—his unwilling bride-to-be—looked every bit as nervous as he had expected. But beneath the fear in Felix's eyes, Hyunjin sensed a glimmer of defiance, a spark of determination that intrigued him.

"Good evening, Felix," Hyunjin said, his voice cool and detached. "I trust you're settling in well."

Felix nodded, his hands clenched at his sides. "Yes, thank you," he replied, his tone polite but guarded. "I appreciate everything you've done for me so far."

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow, a hint of amusement flickering in his eyes. "Oh, I assure you, Felix," he said, his lips quirking into a sardonic smile, "I haven't done anything for you—yet."

Felix's cheeks flushed with embarrassment, but he refused to back down. "I understand that this marriage is...unconventional," he said, his voice trembling slightly. "But I want you to know that I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make it work."

Hyunjin studied Felix for a moment, his gaze piercing and intense. He could see the fear and uncertainty in Felix's eyes, but he could also sense something else—a quiet strength, a resilience that belied Felix's fragile appearance.

"Is that so?" Hyunjin murmured, his tone teasing. "Well, we'll see about that."

With a dismissive wave of his hand, Hyunjin turned to leave the room, his mind already buzzing with plans and schemes. He had never wanted this marriage, had never wanted anything to do with Felix or his family. But now that fate had thrust them together, he was determined to make the most of it.

As he walked away, Hyunjin couldn't shake the feeling that Felix Vernor was going to be more trouble than he was worth. But then again, Hyunjin had always enjoyed a challenge.

And Felix , it seemed, was going to be his greatest challenge yet.