Because I Deserved It

A/N:Be warned ahead of time that there's some graphic descriptions of violence and injuries

Maybe it was weird. To let this random group of half Cranks beat the hell out of me. Maybe it was weird not to scream for help. Maybe it was weird not to fight back.

But it didn't matter. They were crazy, and if they were going to take it out on a stranger then so be it.

As long as it was me.

It wasn't as if I asked them to. I didn't really want them to, but I knew deep down that I deserved it.

I had worked at WCKD. Even worse is that I had been their favorite. I was loyal and did everything to find a cure. I screwed people over and just tossed them to the side to devote myself to the cause.

So I would let them beat me, maybe to death.

By now it was bad. I could taste blood in my mouth, my nose has made this cracking sound a few times, my skin was so bruised I can't even remember what color it was, I couldn't move if I tried, and it was hell. My entire body was screaming in agony.

It's okay though. I deserved it. It's good that the group left me in charge of the stuff as they looked for supplies. It was almost fate. I had been living with guilt for so long. Now that this was happening this weight on my shoulders may just go away. I hope so.

If not then that's okay. I deserved every second of this.

So as I felt myself go limp to the point where I could hardly feel, I couldn't help but smile before losing consciousness.

♡ Time Skip♡

"You're not going to ask that. No matter why that's the last thing that will help,"Someone said. Too worn out to speak up, I remained still with my eyes closed. It looks like I'm not dead, though I feel pretty close to it. Yet this weight on my shoulders wouldn't go away, if anything getting worse.

"How's it looking?"

"Honestly, not that good. She's got a broken nose for sure. She lost her tooth. Definitely a ton of pain. We'll have to wait until she's awake to figure out what else is wrong,"a boy explained.

"Think she'll have a concussion?"

"I don't know. We have to wait for her to wake up. Now please stop breathing down my neck. I'm trying to focus,"He demanded before pressing something to my nose. I winced at the unexpected contact, groaning as I opened my eyes to see Aris staring down at me with a rag in his hand.

"Hi,"He quietly greeted. I could barely blink as my entire face felt bruised. Probably because it was.

"Why's she not talking?"Thomas asked.

"I don't know. It just might have something to do with her looking half dead,"Minho pointed out.

"It's not even close to being the time,"Aris sighed. "Do you think you can move?"He whispered. I barely managed to sit up, with my arms feeling like they were about to break as I did.

"How long do you reckon we'll be staying at this spot?"

"You can just leave me behind,"I got out, making a face at the bad taste filling my mouth.

"Funny,"Minho deadpanned.

"It makes sense though. I'll just meet you by the mountains later,"I pointed out.

"Yeah. In a body bag."

"Still not the time,"Newt said firmly.

"But-"
"Did they knock the common sense out of you? Hate to burst your bubble, but you're going to die a pretty lonely, slow, miserable death if you're on your own,"Frypan added.