Ch 80

The shooting of 'The Deficient' continued.

Yoo Yeon-seo, who showed acting skills beyond expectations in his first scene as Itaeo, couldn't avoid the director's call.

///TL: I know that Itaeo is close to whoever he is playing but I just forgot the name of the actual character so I'm not gonna change it. Just wanted to let ya'll know. Or maybe not and it's always been like that and midterms have just murded my brain cells////

"Just a moment."

He interpreted his character well. But to say he acted perfectly? That was debatable. Yoo Yeon-seo approached the monitor at the director's call.

"It's good for now, but..."

Director Son Jang-hoon pondered while stroking his chin. Sometimes, he had to restrain his desired direction due to consideration for the original work. He was quenching that thirst through acting directing.

The casting for 'The Deficient' focused more on how well the actors matched the original characters rather than their acting skills. After all, acting could be enhanced through directing, but not the face and atmosphere.

However, newcomer Ahn Hyun-sung's acting still had its limits even with directing. As they couldn't hold on to time for too long, some aspects were overlooked. But Yoo Yeon-seo followed suit immediately, arousing ambition.

"Yeon-seo, can you loosen up a bit more? It feels like you're on the edge of a cliff, teetering."

"...I'll try."

"Okay. Since the next shot is far ahead, take a break."

Moreover, he liked how he nodded without a word. Ahn Hyun-sung, the lead actor, was stiff-necked for some reason.

"It would seem like they've swapped roles."

The dominant attitude in the entertainment industry suddenly became dignified, and the rookie actor, afflicted with star syndrome, was nowhere to be found on set... Director Son sighed seeing Ahn Hyun-sung arrive late on set.

Yoo Yeon-seo sat down on the chair with his name engraved on it. Leaning his head back, almost lying down, he covered his face with the script.

"There are limits to improvisation."

The director praised sudden impromptu actions, but there needed to be a difference in speech and small actions. Still, he didn't want to appear disabled either.

"Itaeo and I have something in common."

Both were people robbed of sleep by madness and those who saw hallucinations driven mad by ghosts.

Furthermore, they shared complicated feelings towards their mothers. Itaeo in 'The Deficient' had his sleep stolen, closely related to Ryu Hye-kyung, who played the role of his mother, Yoon Ji-young.

As Ji-young, who appeared as the final villain, used Itaeo as a pawn in her experiments, Itaeo, who couldn't gain the abilities the protagonist should have, was abandoned, harboring deep hatred towards his mother who made him this way.

What about the real Yoo Yeon-seo? Wouldn't he resent Hee-seo, who haunted him as a ghost, still tormenting him?

"How has the original been doing all this time?"

Just like Itaeo suffered from anger management issues, wouldn't the real Yoo Yeon-seo be similar?

(Suddenly threw an object in anger. Since they told me to shut up, I decided to shut up forever. I'm really quitting this time.)

(Accelerated suddenly on set due to being disturbed in thoughts. It was hard to make up for it. Director Shin Hyo-won likes soju, so remember to appease him if the actor acts up again later.)