Part 1

Serenity POV

"Once upon a time, there was a glowing city protected by golden gates known as Heaven." Charlie read out as I sat next to her crocheting. "It was ruled by beings of pure light. Angels that worshipped good and shielded all from evil," Charlie was so focused on reading out loud the story of Hell, she didn't notice Vaggie's entrance. "Lucifer was one of these angels. He was a dreamer with fantastical ideas for all of creation," Charlie read as I summoned a bag of stuffing to shape the arms and legs. "But he was seen as a troublemaker by the elders of Heaven. For they felt his way of thinking was dangerous to the order of their world. So he watched as the angels began to expand the universe in their ways."

"From the dust of Earth, they created Adam and Lilith. Equals as the first of mankind, but despite this, Adam demanded control and Lilith refused to submit to his will," Charlie had a wonderful reading voice and I know how much this story meant to her.  "She fled the garden. Drawn in by her fierce independence, Lucifer found her and the two rebellious dreamers fell deeply in love. Together, they wished to share the magic of free will with humanity, offering the fruit of knowledge to Adam's new bride, Eve, who gladly accepted," I quickly finished the plushie and passed it to Charlie who hugged it to her chest. "But this gift came with a curse. For with this single act of disobedience, evil finally found its way into Earth. With it, a new realm of darkness and sin. And the order Heaven had worked to maintain was shattered," Charlie read as I moved to fix her hair and began brushing it out. "As punishment for their reckless act, Heaven cast Lucifer and his love into the dark pit he had created, never allowing him to see the good that came from humanity, only the cruel and the wicked," I let my smile fall hearing that part.

"Ashamed, Lucifer lost his will to dream. But Lilith thrived, empowering demon-kind with her voice and her songs. And as the numbers of Hell grew, so did its power. Threatened by this, Heaven made a truly heartless decision." my time in hell was enough for me to know what heartless decision Heaven made. "That every year, they would send down an army, an extermination to ensure Hell and its sinners could never rise against them. But Lilith's hope remained," Charlie read as I put her hair into the style she liked and rubbed her back. "And her dream was passed down to their precious daughter, the Princess of Hell." Charlie finished closing the book and turning to look out the window. Extermination day was hard on everyone, but especially Charlie as those were her people. "Don't worry, Mom. I'll make you proud," Charlie exclaimed out loud as Vaggie moved forward a little. "Charlie?" Vaggie finally spoke getting her girlfriend's attention as KeeKee transformed and jumped onto my lap. "Augh! Oh, shit. Did you hear all that?" Charlie asked sheepishly. "Uh... Yeah, I was right there," Vaggie admitted pointing to where she just was standing. "Sorry. I get pretty worked up after an extermination happens. This story helps and Serenity wanted to hear it," Charlie admitted looking at the book as sirens and gunfire sounded in the background.

"I know. Don't worry. I enjoy your theatrics," Vaggie admitted. "Are you okay?" Vaggie asked sitting on the other side of Charlie. "I'm fine, just... thinking, ya know, family stuff," Charlie answered as Vaggie and I both frowned. "Did you hear from your mom yet?" Vaggie asked as Charlie shook her head no. "Oof. How long has it been now?" Vaggie asks as I clench my fist in anger. "Not that long, only... seven...years...," Charlie trails off. "Off doing something important, I'm sure. But this kingdom was something she really cared about. Something I care about. Serenity..." Charlie calls out to me trailing off as I smile at her. "Yes, hon?" I ask as she points at me. "You're hairs doing the eyeball thing again... and floating," Charlie points out as I look out the window and see my reflection. "Sorry...I just don't get it. I would give anything to be with my daughter..." I trail off as Charlie gives my shoulder a reassuring squeeze. My hair falls back against my shoulders as Vaggie speaks. "Well, at least you both aren't alone!"

"I just hope what, I'm trying to do here will work." Charlie gestures to the hotel. "It will. I have faith in you," Vaggie says as KeeKee jumps into Charlie's arms. "All right. Come on. Alastor says he has something to show us," Vaggie says standing up and heading towards the door, and the bell tolls. "Are you coming?" Charlie asks standing up. "No, I'm going to go lie down and check on Ophelia. Besides, with Alastor, there's no telling what he wants to show you," I chuckle opening the portal to my room. "Come down when you're ready..." Charlie trails off as I smile at the blonde. "I'll be down later to make dinner later, hon," I closed the portal before flopping onto the bed and using my magic to look at what my daughter was doing. I smile seeing her practicing her magic in her room. I watched as my daughter levitated and flew around her room laughing. I let a tear slip as my best friend poked her head in and called her down for dinner. I was so happy my daughter was being taken care of in my place. At some point in time, Alastor summoned me onto what looked like a film set to film a new commercial for the hotel.

(timeskip)

I was in my cat form lying on the headrest of the chair Alastor was sitting in when Charlie got home. Vaggie pulled her over to the couch so we all could watch the new commercial together. "Alastor pulled a few strings and it's about to air," Vaggie announced as they sat. "I pulled a few limbs too, haha" Alastor laughed as I snorted lightly. "Wait the commercial. You all made a new one?" Charlie asked as we all nodded in unison. "Yeah, one of my better performances, if I do say so myself," Angel admitted. "That's....that's amazing," Charlie said with her eyes shimmering. "Shush, it's starting," Angel shushed as we all got quiet. "Welcome to the Hazbin Hot--" Vaggie was cut off by an emergency broadcast. Charlie even let her demon form slip a little in anger as Vaggie and Angel looked upset as well. "Breaking news in Hell today! We have just received word from the Heaven Embassy that the next extermination is happening sooner than ever before." Katie Killjoy announced as I gasped looking over at Charlie. I looked back to see the countdown clock spinning down half the time. "176 days!" I scream in my mind as Angel speaks up. "What...Why?!?"

Charlie ended up running out of the room with tears in her eyes and I followed her in my cat form. Charlie ran and hid under one of the cabinets in the kitchen. I heard her sniffling when the cookies I was making dinged signaling they were done. "Do you want a cookie, hon?" I called out as I set them on the cooling rack. "I don't deserve one," Charlie said just barely to where I could hear her. "Sweetie why don't you tell me what happened I said sitting on the floor. And so she explained everything from meeting Adam to him basically throwing her out of the meeting with the sentence 'Hell is Forever'. "Well he might be the first man, but that does mean he is also the first and dumbest," I sighed as Charlie crawled out. "What am I supposed to do?" Charlie asked as I smiled at her. "What you do best," I say as she looks up at me. "Keeping your head high and keep moving forward. I believe in you and I know Vaggie does as well. This can work and I'll be your support beam as long as you need me," I state handing her a cookie as she sighs out a thank you. "Now no more tears. I know they want to know what you plan on doing about this," I say as I help her stand up. "I can do this," Charlie says taking a bite of the cookie. "Thank you," Charlie says pulling me into a hug. "Of course, Sweetie," I say hugging her back.