Chapter 34: The Sleepover

Start from the beginning

Allison glared heatedly at Mary and I laughed at them.

Ignoring Allison's glare, Mary headed over to her bag that was neatly placed on my study desk. I turned to Allison who began making light conversation with me.

We delved into a normal discussion about hair, clothes and school before Allison began rambling about aliens and how she feels we might have an alien invasion in the next few years due to how fast technology is growing.

"Oh!" Mary exclaims.

I turned to her to see her holding up three rectangular shaped objects which were set vertically.

Is that...?

"Really Mary? You brought CDs? I thought we talked about this weird obsession of yours."

It was Mary's turn to glare at Allison.

"Yes you idiot. You already know I love watching CDs even though they're outdated."

Allison rolled her eyes.

"You need to upgrade your mindset from twenty years ago and act like a teenager from this decade."

I looked at Mary curiously.

"You still use CDs?"

She shrugged.

"Yeah. They give me intense nostalgia of when things were simpler for me so I still use them. And I think I might be addicted to using them instead of using the internet to watch movies."

She paused and pulled something else from her bag. Cords hung in the air as she held up a surprisingly small and rectangular silver and black item.

"I even brought the DVD in case you don't have a CD player."

"You are unbelievable," I mumbled in awe.

The last time I used one of those was when my mom was still with me.

It felt like someone had shoved their hand in my chest and was just gripping the perimeter of my heart. Squeezing tighter and tighter.

I blinked rapidly and shot up from my seat suddenly.

"We can watch the TV downstairs," I suggested.

Mary nodded with a stupid grin lighting up her face.

Allison shrugged, "ok. Let's do it."

-

***_***_***_***

Allison fell from the sofa and we burst out laughing. A part of the blanket crumpled to the floor after Allison.

"Allison!" I yelled, flinging my head backwards with laughter.

"I'm sorry! I couldn't help it. It was tempting."

Mary hiccuped from my left.

We had coincidentally changed into long pajama bottoms and short sleeved pajama tops since it was a bit cold. A blanket was thrown over our bodies.

I had offered the girls their own rooms to stay in for the night but they insisted that it would be much more fun sleeping in one room together since it was a sleepover.

My dad sent Bruce to tell me that dinner wouldn't be ready until the next few minutes and so, Allison, Mary and I decided to just settle for changing into our sleepwear and watching a movie.

Currently, we are watching 'She's The Man' on the large flat-screen in the living room and Allison kept making jokes about how Mary's boyfriend, Charles, would leave her in the snap of a finger for Eunice because Eunice has more personality than her.