Chapter 12: The Start Of Something New

Hey beautiful people! It's been a while since I last posted but I hope this chapter will brighten your day in someway after the long wait. Happy new year to one and all and I wish you all the success and happiness in this life. May your days be filled with wonderful memories and sweet symphonies.

Enjoy!!!

Song: Paris In The Rain

Artist: Lauv

-

***_***_***_***

It was the last class of the day and I was celebrating internally. My classes were boring today which made the day feel longer but at least I learnt a thing or two.

The only thing that somehow made this day better was the few minutes that I spent with Sean inside the empty classroom. I try not to blush as I remember the feeling of his warm lips against mine followed by the heat running throughout my body.

I hear the bell go off with its outdated tune and take that as a signal to leave the class. I was one of the first few people out the door. As I entered the hallway I walked with a slight leap to my steps.

It was finally happening and I felt like running through a cornfield with a smile on my face. Or better yet, dashing through a garden filled with luscious scented flowers of different species, like daffodils and roses.

I felt so high from happiness I could just turn into a soft fluffy cloud of joy. Because I know that I'm going to see him. And he wants to see me too.

All my fears disappear and I see just the person I wanted to run into today.

I run up to him and tap him on his left shoulder.

He is facing his locker but he turns left to see who it is. I duck and shimmy my way to his right so he doesn't see me. He whips his head to his left and frowns when he sees no one. I tap his right shoulder and I'm about to repeat the process a third time when he turns all the way around and catches me in the act, grinning from ear to ear.

I laugh goofily and greet him with a big "hey!"

He doesn't lift his lips to smile. Neither does he try to entertain me. All he does is mumble a small "hey." He turns back to his locker and shoves something into it. And from what I can tell, I would like to believe that he's in a bad mood.

My smile drops and my mood sours a little.

"What's up with you?" I asked.

I move to his left and lean on the locker next to his.

He doesn't look at me nor does he say anything.

"Dontaaaeee," I whined like a spoilt toddler begging for attention. I pull on his shirt and to my surprise, he snaps.

"Vannessa! I'm not in the mood, okay!"

Before I can even react the door to his locker slams and he's stomping down the hallway.

Damn.

What's wrong with him?

-

***_***_***_***

Thoughts of Dontae run through my mind.

Why did he react like that?

Did I do something to hurt him?

Is it that he's tired of doing all this plotting to get the attention of one teenage boy?

The awful thoughts rush through my mind like water racing down a waterfall. Coming and going as fast as it appears and making way for more water to fall down the edge.