The Contract

Emma's POV:

I woke up to my alarm that I had set for 8, this gave me time to have a shower, eat breakfast and pick out an outfit, I an known to have good fashion sense anywhere I go, but I didn't want to go to the training ground looking really fancy, so idecided to go comfy casual with a matching grey tracksuit with a coat to go over the top and I decided to paint it with a pair of white trainers.

A

fter I had gotten dressed and dried my hair, I was ready to go. I never really bothered with makeup as it was never really my thing, that was more of something my sister was into. On my way out I had to make sure I had my house keys, phone and car keys. Before I left Barcelona I had my car sent to England, as i didn't really want to get another one, as I was pretty happy with the one I had, it's an Audi TTRS in grey, it's a car that I've always wanted to get, and when I signed for Barcelona i was able to get one, as I was one of the most highest paid players at the club.

 Before I left Barcelona I had my car sent to England, as i didn't really want to get another one, as I was pretty happy with the one I had, it's an Audi TTRS in grey, it's a car that I've always wanted to get, and when I signed for Barcelona i wa...

I syarted my drive to the Arsenal training centre, it took me about 15 minutes, luckily I just missed the morning traffic. As I pulled up to the training centre, I noticed the car park was really busy, perhaps there was traing on today. I parked the car and made my way inside where I was greeted by the head coach Jonas Eidevall "Emma, welcome to Arsenal, it's nice to finally meet you" he says as I shake his hand "it's nice to finally meet you as well, I'm glad to be here and can't wait to get started" I say with a smile on my face. we make our way to his office, where I will sign my contract, and once I've signed the contract Jonas has organised for one of the girls to give me a tour around the grounds so I'm not totally clueless as to where I need to go on my first day.

I've finally signed the contract and have beed given some training kit to wear for the tour and for the media pictures I have to do, so they can then announce my signing to the public. As I make my way over to where the cameras were waiting, I see an Arsenal shirt with my name and number on the back, I chose to have the number 8, as my all time favourite footballer Steven Gerard wore it when he was at Liverpool, and so did I when I signed my first professional contract with Liverpool when I was 19, my dad and I have always been life long Liverpool supporters, so I was lucky to also have the number 8 shirt here at Arsenal.

After I had finished the media side of today, it was now time fore the more nerve racking part of today, that was meeting my new teammates. Jonas walked me back to his office where i was going to meet my tour guide/teammate, but not long after we arrived there was a knock at the door and in came a small blonde "OH MY GOSH !!!!!" she came over to hug me, beth and I knew each other from the England youth groups "Emma why didn't you tell me you were signing for Arsenal ?" she asked with a shocked face "well i wanted it to be a suprise, and secondly I wasn't meant to tell anyone as it was meant to be a secret" "fair enough, but still it's a good suprise, the girls are gonna go mental, I'm glad you're here Emma" "it's good to be here Beth" "let's get on with this tour then shall we" "lead the way" I say as I follow on behind her.

As Beth shows me around the grounds she pionts out all the important rooms that we will be using alot of the time, but she left the changing rooms till last so she could introduce me to the rest of my teammates, we stop outside the door to the changing rooms and Beth motices that I'm a little nervous to go in "you're going to be fine Emma, they're all gonna love you, you have nothing to worry about" After the reasurence from Beth, she goes in first to get the girls attention and then she will call me in. After beth called me in, all I can see is shocked faces all around the dressing room until I hear a thick Irish accent "no fucking way, you're Emma Riley" I couldn't help but laugh at her statement, soon after she came over and introduced herself "hi I'm katie Mcabe, huge fan, nice to meet you" she says while shaking my hand "it's nice to meet you to Katie" after that, pretty much all of the other girls came over to introduc themselves. Beth was right, I really didn't have anything to worry about, they were all really nice and friendly.

Five minutes later some more players entered the dressing room, as I'm looking towards the door my eyes instantly find pericing blue ones staring right back at me in disbelif, I sent her a smile and a cheeky wink, I noticed she went a bit red in the cheaks, but she still came over to introduce herself "hey...I...I'm Leah Williamson" she said with a stutter as if she was nervous "hey I'm Emma, it's nice to finally meet you, Kiera has told me alot about you" i say. As I'm shaking her hand,I noticed as i said that, her cheaks went red again, i think to myself 'am I making Leah Williamson blush ?' as I let go of her hand i began to notive pretty much all the girls are looking in our direction and giggleing to each other, but i'm confused as to why.

Soon after all the introductions it was time for everyone to go home, but before everyone left, Beth had an announcement "party at mine and Viv's tonight to celebrate Emma joining the arsenal family, who's in ?" pretty much all the girls agreed as we didnt have training tomorrow and were allowed to have a drink. Beth came up to me along with Viv so they can get my number "great now i have your number, I'll add you to the arsenal group chat and I'll put all the details in there" she said as we were walking out of the training centre.

i got to my car and started to make the drive back to my house, luckily this didn't take long. Once I got settled on the sofa, my phone went off with loads of notifications from Instagram, most of them were the Arsenal girls all following me, as for the other notifications, it was beth adding me to the arsenal group chat and telling everyone what the dress code was for the party tonight. Beth said that the party started at 8 so i had some time to kill before i had to get ready, so I decided to take a quick nap, but reluctantly set my alarm or else I would definately be late . After taking a nap i made some food, then decided it was time to get ready for the party.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
1274 words
I've been trying to make the chapter a little bit longer the first one. if you have any ideas for the book I'm open to the suggestions.