A Ratatouille Date

Vishakha stood by the pillar of the old palace-turned-resort gazing at the beautiful city of lakes and sinking its beauty in her eyes

Vishakha stood by the pillar of the old palace-turned-resort gazing at the beautiful city of lakes and sinking its beauty in her eyes. The huge city was a picturesque serene yet intricate maze shaped by the creator's artistic mastermind. Vishakha pulled her camera out to capture the ethereal beauty of the scene playing in front of her eyes. Udaipur was a charm and she had fallen in love with this city the day she had set foot out on its crowded yet magical streets.

"The view's even better by the pedestal out there!" A gravelly yet velvety voice snatched her attention away from the photography to the man standing beside her. With his hands tucked in his jeans pocket, he looked ahead at the view smiling to himself. His brown hair which was perfectly combed flowed with the influence of wind, completely ruining his hairstyle, yet somehow he managed to pull off a charming aura to him.

"Thanks!" She said, before smiling and walking away to the other side of the terrace to capture the area. She had seen this man several times before at the other wedding functions of her best friend's wedding, but they had never interacted even once, up until now. He was the funny friend in the group of groom's friends team. She had only seen him cracking jokes or giving quirky replies every time her gaze caught any of his activity. She had kinda liked his personality for a while now and as a result had stolen a few glances at him too.

Setting her camera up for a good angle, she fixed her gaze for a perfect shot until someone interrupted her again.

"Are you pursuing photography?" He asked, standing beside her again now. Amused by the fact and curious about why he was following her actions all along, she smiled amusedly at him.

"Are you pursuing stalking?" She joked, looking at his face which held a dimpled smile and squinted eyes due to the effect of scorching sunshine.

"There, there. Girls these days don't like good-mannered guys, I suppose!" He joked back, shaking his head making both her and himself chuckle together.

"Or..maybe bad girls don't like good-mannered guys!" he raised his eyebrows looking at her in question, still smiling amusedly.

"Is that so? Well, I am good with knives, so I think it won't be a problem for us!" He replied, laughing.

"Vishakha Deol, professional photographer and the bride's best friend!" Tucking her hair strand behind her ear, she forwarded her hand for a handshake smiling at him radiantly.

"Nishant Srivastava, professional chef and the groom's best friend's brother!" he reciprocated, with a firm handshake and giving her back the same energy with a smile.

"That explains your skills with the knives!" She nodded her head, chuckling.

"You got me!" He chuckled too.

"Right." She laughed lightly and turned back to complete her photograph.

"Are you gonna stand and watch me click pictures?" She quirked a brow up in amusement, giving him a quick side glance before fixing her gaze back upon her work.