One Extra Glass of Wine

"Do you know what love feels like?" She asked slurring every word she spoke, perhaps the effect of wine was finally showing up.

He stared at his wife, amused. The sane version of her would never in a million years ask this question to him, and that too with such big doe eyes which were a clear indication of how curious she was at the moment.

"Uh, why do you ask?" He asked, smiling at her drunken state. The red glow the intoxication brought on her face was making her look even prettier to his eyes.

"Because.. I once fell for someone, who didn't fall for me. He just pretended and broke my heart later." She said, her big doe eyes, now back to normal, pouring two drops of waterworks, as she sniffed.

It sure, wretched his heart to listen to it. He was possessive of her, no doubt, but more than the thought of her ex, what pained him was her broken and depressed state due to that guy.

She was quick to forget about the broken love story, as she firmly hugged his left arm and said leaning on him, "But this time, I wanna be sure I'm not the only one falling. So, if you don't know about it, I can tell you!" She completed smiling a pearly smile, suddenly excited to teach him the feeling, he already was dwelling inside much to her oblivion.

For her, her drunken state wasn't realising what she had ended up saying, but for him, he had no idea how to react to her new confession without hugging the life out of her, jumping around, dancing, and kissing the daylights out of her. To know that, his wife was falling for him, finally, was an achievement for him. He waited for the day she would develop a soft spot for him too, and here she finally was.

"Ayush! Tell, no?" She called his name, wriggling her eyebrows, frowning on not getting an answer.

"Huh? Wait a second. Do you really.. love me, Barkha?" He asked looking at her expectantly, not bracing himself to hear any other answer than the positive.

"Do I love you?" She asked bemused, nearly breaking his heart.

"You don't know, I love you?" She asked again, looking at him as if he didn't know, the most obvious thing making Ayush's heart dance in a frenzy.

"You do?" He asked again, not believing her. His brows drawn together with his pointed gaze fixed on her cute glowing face could tell a blind man he was head over heels for the girl and wanted nothing more than a confirmation from her about her drunken confession.

"Offo, Ayush! Why are you so stupid? Obviously, I love you! Why would I cancel my project and fly down to you, just because you caught a cold? Because I love you! Why would I threaten Meeta, for getting too close to you? Obviously, because I love you and you, Mr. Ayush Malhotra, are mine!" She said the last line, poking her finger at his chest, right at the spot of his heart. Ayush looked at her amused at her gestures, while his face held a genuinely happy smile with his eyes which went glassy at her confession.

"Do you know, Ayush? I never thought I would give love another chance after Gaurav. But, you changed my whole world. You happened. Out of nowhere, one day we got married. We didn't love each other, in fact, we were college rivals!" She continued giggling, "But look at me now, I can't live without seeing you or talking to you one day! I love annoying you deliberately, I love messing your hair right before you are to go out, I love to give you secret kisses at night after you are fast asleep, I love cuddling with you, in fact right now, I wanna sit in your lap!"