Chapter 108: A Party in Seville

Start from the beginning

When I was all done with my post-game interviews and my article, I got a taxi back to the airport where I checked in my large suitcase and proceeded with my small trolley.

📍 Miami International Airport - MIA
vicky.hernandez International b̵r̵e̵a̵k̵ stress ✌🏼

fabriziorom Me during transfer window 😄
ferrantorres Bruv it's warm in Miami whatcha doin' with a coat?!
Replying to ferrantorres:
vicky.hernandez It's for when I land in LDN bruv
user1 what does it feel like to live my dream? 😩
chiara2203 How about a holiday? 😉
clairecollins Can't wait to see uuuuuuuu 💝

After the overnight flight, I landed on Friday around noon at Heathrow, where I had to wait two hours for my damn suitcase. I was almost panicking that it got lost, because knowing my luck, that was pretty likely, but it was finally the very last one to arrive, all the other passengers having already left except for me. And then I finally set foot outside, in the city that I had called home for two years during my master's degree.

I took the tube to the city center and arrived at my hotel, where I checked in, before finally seeing a bed in over 24 hours. Needless to say, I immediately threw myself on it and napped for unfortunately only two hours as I had to start getting ready for the game tonight. Spain vs Colombia, only a friendly, but obviously I still wanted Spain to win and bring home a good result. However, we were humbled by the South Americans who won with a well-deserved 0-1, even though Spain had had more chances all in all. Never underestimate South American football - that was the headline of my article. But in the end, it was only a friendly and I was happy for Pau who had made his debut with the national team.

The next morning, I met with my best friend from uni times, Claire, for breakfast at a nice café she had suggested.
"Hey, I'm so happy that you're alive" she said as she greeted me with a tight hug.
"I'm not always happy I am, but I know I should be" I sighed, being completely honest.
"Don't say that. Your life is worth living" she mumbled and stroked my upper arm before we sat down at a table. "You need to tell me everything" she then said and I took a deep breath before starting. I left out no detail, telling her also about my secret affair with Pablo, my book deal and the talk with my father.

"You don't need a book, you need a TV series, this shit is... whew" she commented when I was finished.
"Even the Kardashians are probably at a higher intellectual level than the bad soap opera that is my life" I huffed and stuffed a piece of toast into my mouth.
"I'm totally rooting for this Luis guy. Who the fuck needs a footballer when you can literally have the son of a Duchess? Who looks hot in his perfectly tailored suits and is loaded with money on top of that?" she giggled, swooning over Luis' Instagram profile that I had shown her for context.
"I'm the granddaughter and niece of a Duke, it's not like that is something special for me" I said and rolled my eyes, she was being so British and stuck-up about stuff like that.