Chapter 2: Class D

I find myself in front of my classroom door, and after some consideration I open the door.

When you enter the classroom, you can see that there are seats for 40 people in 8 rows and 5 columns. Each seat has a name plate, and it seems like there is a system to find your seat from there. 

Accordingly, my seat was at the very back, third row from the window, with a name plate that read "Nagisa Shiota" . When I looked next to me, sitting on my left side was none other than Kaguya Shinomiya, the Ice Queen herself, and sitting on my right side was Kyoko Kirigiri, another Ice Queen.

I silently cursed my luck internally. Great, having to sit with two Ice Queens as your seatmates? No thanks, I don't need that.

Enough with this ranting, I decided to look around and observe the classroom first.

Broadly speaking, there are six patterns: People looking around, people looking dazed, people acting nervous, people lying face down on their desks, people reading books or materials, and people talking to someone.

Oh yeah, there was this one particular blonde person, Rokusuke Koenji a.k.a "The self-proclaimed Mr. Perfect" himself, sharpening his nails with his legs crossed on the desk, but he should be treated as an exception since he didn't have anycare for this class. 

I also saw the main character, Kiyotaka Ayanokouji-kun, sitting by the window and talking to a brown-haired girl with blue headphones wrapped around her neck. This girl must be Miku Nakano, the third sister of the Nakano Quintuplets. So she would be his seatmate, not Horikita huh? Interesting.

Now, when I turned my eyes toward the ceiling, which I had been feeling since I entered the classroom. I saw several surveillance cameras, just like in the hallway. There must be something wrong with this school, no doubt about it.

I glanced over at Kirigiri and Shinomiya, who were reading their novels. Maybe they were aware of it too and ignoring it. And they seemed to be thinking about things deeply. As expected.

I then saw a beautiful girl sitting in front of me. She had long red hair decorated with yellow star-shaped hairpins. Her eyes were ocean blue, which were different from my azure blue eyes. This must be Itsuki Nakano, the youngest sister of the Quints. Maybe I should make friends with her, I guess.

Just as I was about to do that, the first bell rang. At that precise moment, a woman who appeared to be the homeroom teacher for Class D entered the classroom. 

This must be Sae Chabashira-sensei, then. When I first saw her, my initial impression was that she firmly believed in discipline. If I had to guess, I would have placed her age from twenty-five to thirty, maybe. She wore a suit and had delicate features. Her hair seemed long, and she had tied it in a ponytail. 

Seeing this, all the students immediately returned to their seats. 

"Ahem. Good morning to you, students. I'm the instructor of Class D. My name is Sae Chabashira. I usually teach Japanese history. However, at this school, we do not change classrooms for each grade. For the next three years, I will be acting as your homeroom teacher, so I hope to get to know all of you. It's a pleasure to meet you. The entrance ceremony will be in the gymnasium one hour from now, but first, I will distribute written materials with information about this school's special rules. I will also hand out the admissions guide."

The students in the front seats passed back the familiar documents I'd received after being accepted.

She basically said the same rules I read about in the novels, no contact with the outside world. And at the same time, she used some lazy terms to charm the ear of some students and confuse this place as a paradise, which isn't really.