My mobile snoozed on the refrigerator, throwing the cloth on the table , I picled it up.

Ashwin.

I sighed , picking the phone.

"Hello, Siya!"

"Hi."

"Did you get any idea? Where to get the funding from?"

"You don't care about the money. I have it." I spoke clearing the dust off the refrigerator.

"How? So soon?"

"Yes."

"But Siya. Maybe, investors would be fine, right. Why to spend your resources and moreover, they have experience. We are just new to it."

"I have studied a lot about business in this few days. Many books, which were enough to atleast initiate. Finding investors will delay our work more. I have talked to my brother and father too, they are more than experienced to advice us. Isn't it enough? And it's a big team, right?"

"It's good, but..."

"What's the issue?" I frowned.

"We should meet."

"It's so soon. I will have to talk to my family, I don't think they will take it lightly."

"It's your life. And your husband, what about him?"

"He will agree, maybe. I don't know."

"It's too much complicated, Siya. We couldn't start anything until you come out of there."

"I will try to talk to him. You just keep encouraging the team. We can't loose any member there."

"Okay. If your family creates some issue then you can call me."

"Hm. Bye."

"Bye."

I sighed, throwing the fridge cover aside in frustration.
Hearing the vegetable vendor's voice, I came out to notice many of our neighbours talking in groups standing around the cart.

"Siya, see tomatoes are fresh today. Take more." My
I nodded picking up the red tomatoes off the place and passed it to the vendor to weigh them. Few fresh vegetables more and he passed the free coriander to me.

"Eighty-five."

I brought out the change from inside and gave him.

After freshening up whole house, I searched in the drawers for Arjun's book. I searched in the cartons, which we never unpacked as he didn't needed them.

'Zero to one'. After knowing about it's writer, I settled on it and began from the first page itself.

                                ⊙⁠﹏⁠⊙

I kept the book on the table aside as I heard the doorbell. I let Arjun enter inside and he sprawled himself on the sofa. I stood by the door playing with my fingers.

"Siya."

"Yes?"

"Baitho na."

"I will bring some water for you."

He nodded settling his back on the sofa. I handed him the glass of water, while he had his head covered by his other arm.

"Chai?"

Shifting his arm aside from his eyes, he looked at me.
"Tum baitho toh sahi."

Shrugging my shoulders, I sat beside him. He laid his body shifting his head on my lap, while my gaze lingered on his smooth hairs.

"Your hairs..." He smiled up at me.

What is I get a boycut, even mines would curl like them after passing my finger through them instead of getting my fingers stucked between the knots.

"Should I cut my hairs?"

He shrugged.

"I mean, like yours."

"No." I pressed my lips hearing his rude response.

"Even if you want, my mother is not going to let you. She always said  'Nakti aur Barkati Bahu toh chahiye hi nahi'."

"Will she push me out of the house then?" I frowned, clutching few of his curls between my fingers pushing them back.

"Maybe?" He chuckled.

"And will you?" He frowned looking at me.

"Don't ask this." He showed my his forefingers shushing me.

"No,tell me." I whined.

"If you cut your hairs then yes." He said teasingly shifting aside facing the wall ahead.

"Means my hairs got me a premium to live in this house."

"Yes." He nodded teasingly, sinking his head between my thighs.

"Bring something precious to get yourself my handmade food."

He inhaled long before answering, "Main mil gaya phir bhi kuch aur kimti chahiye?"

He turned again looking up at me.
"Yes."

"Paayal chalengi?"

"I have many."

"Jhumke?"

"No."

"Ring?"

"No."

"If you don't need any of those, then what could woo you?" He raised his arm up, resting his palm near my jawline.

"Think of it." His forefinger lingered on my jawline and I couldn't help but feel the softness in it.

"Batao na."

"Meri har baat maan lena."

"Zoru ka gulam ban jaau? Me?"

"Yes. Like they show in movies, hero never did any work except roaming around his heroine."

"Accha ji?"

"Hanji." He raised his body up from the couch and stood against me.

"Main nai banunga."

"Roti bhi nai milegi."

He rolled his eyes, going inside the room for changing that stinky cotton shirt.

I should have talked to him about my business! He seemed to be in a good mood.

It's mysterious on how easily I forgot such an important thing, simply getting engaged in this silly talks with him.

I don't know clearly when will I would be able to update next. Few days more and I will be ended with my 'Acche din.' So I will try to write few more chapters before a long break.

Hope you liked it.
Please do vote and comment if you loved it.