14. Haldi ceremony

Start from the beginning

"You don't seem too happy, what's the matter,Sweet cheeks?" he asked, his touch gentle against my cheek

What's with that nickname?

"I'm not happy about the marriage," I replied, unable to hold back the truth any longer.

He frowned, his hand falling by his side. "And why is that?" he asked, concern evident in his voice.

I hesitated for a moment, then replied, "This marriage is against my will, and I'm just too young to be married now. I don't want to be married at this age."

"Don't worry, sweet cheeks. Since we're engaged now, let the wedding begin and let's not break it off in between, hm? I'll keep you the happiest woman alive, I swear," he said reassuringly.

"I don't even know you properly, and I'm getting married to you," I said, feeling a mix of frustration and confusion.

He chuckled softly.

Why is he laughing for?i didn't cracked a joke or something.

"I'm Siddharth Malhotra, the eldest son of the Malhotra family. I'm the CEO of Malhotra Industries, situated in Italy, and I'm the number one businessman in Italy as well as in India," he said, revealing his identity.

My eyes widened in shock as I processed his words.

He leaned down towards me, bringing our faces close together. "Anything else, sweet cheeks?" he asked, his voice carrying a hint of flirtation and depth.

What's with that sweet cheeks.

"N-no," I stuttered, feeling flustered by our proximity.

He chuckled softly, seemingly amused by my reaction, before straightening up. Taking my hand, he kissed the engagement ring delicately. My breath hitched, and I felt a rush of excitement as butterflies danced in my stomach. His gesture sent a wave of warmth through me, and my cheeks flushed crimson.

"Let's go now for our haldi ceremony; everyone is waiting for us," he said with a charming smile.

I nodded in agreement as he led me outside to where our haldi ceremony was to take place. His touch was both firm and gentle, and I found myself unable to tear my gaze away from him. Whenever he glanced at me, my heart raced, and I quickly looked away, feeling flustered. I could hear his soft chuckle, which only added to my embarrassment.

We finally arrived at the garden where our ceremony was to take place

We finally arrived at the garden where our ceremony was to take place. As I looked around, Siddharth's hand still firmly in mine, his mother approached me with a warm smile. Returning her embrace, I felt a sense of love and tenderness that I had longed for but hadn't experienced in years. She gently tapped my cheek and spoke softly, "Just a few more minutes, and the guests will arrive for the haldi ceremony, hmm?"

I nodded, maintaining a smile that felt genuine. "You both look so perfect together," she remarked, smiling warmly. With a gentle touch, she applied kajal behind my ear, and then did the same to Siddharth.

It's heartwarming to be treated with such love and care, almost as if I were her own daughter. I couldn't help but feel grateful for her kindness and acceptance.

She is so loving towards me,like I'm her own daughter, I'm glad.

The ceremony proceeded with traditional grace, as an elderly woman approached us bearing a thali adorned with a bowl of haldi and sandalwood paste, surrounded by delicate rose petals. Placing the thali before us, she took a pan leaf and dipped it into the haldi, ensuring it was coated generously. With a gentle smile, she applied the haldi to my cheeks, arms, and legs, following the same ritual for Siddharth as well.

As each person applied haldi to both of us, our clothes became stained with the vibrant paste, which was beginning to dry in the warmth of the garden

As each person applied haldi to both of us, our clothes became stained with the vibrant paste, which was beginning to dry in the warmth of the garden. The photographers captured every moment, ensuring the memories were preserved.

Despite the joyous occasion, I couldn't shake off my confusion about the identity of the elderly lady, realizing that I still had much to learn about Siddharth's family members.

I lean in towards him, maintaining a slight distance.

"Suniye," I whisper softly.

"Listen,"

He leans in as well, his tone flirty,
"Sunaiye,"

"Yes?"

His flirty tone makes my cheeks flush slightly.

"Who was that old lady who applied the haldi first?" I ask in a hushed tone.

"She was my grandmother, sweet cheeks," he responds with a chuckle.

"Oh," I reply, sitting back upright.

"I guess you still don't know much about my family, hmm?" he remarks, and I offer a hesitant smile.

"I mean... yeah," I reply awkwardly.

After the haldi ceremony ended, we were instructed to take a shower. Once we were done, we joined everyone for a meal and engaged in some conversations.

---

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘∘

I'm so sorry I forgot to add Sangeet 😭 I'll add in the next chapter

Bye bye 🍃

∘₊✧─────✧₊∘