Inverted Deck (Chapter 47)

Act 2: The War between the Joker's hand and The Joker's heart.

Chapter 47

I open my eyes to find myself in a foreign land, completely different from Cor. There's giant mushroom trees, strangely shaped hills around me, and... bodies. Soldier's bodies to be precise, some in fully gold and brown armor, with small golden wings coming out of the helmet, some in black and silver armor with black cloaks and hoods adorned with embroidery of crescent moons, all lying all on the ground together with diffrent weapons and relics in hand.

"Am I... on a battlefield?"

My thought provoking question is immediately interrupted by close by explosions coming from above.

*BOOM!!* *BOOM!!* *BOOM!!*

Giant mushroom trees in front of me begin to collapse as a Golden soldier in Gold and Red armor leaps backwards off of the top of one collapsing mushroom tree, on to the side of one of the tall disfigured hills.

As he descends down the hill, clinging to the side, I notice this soldier has his helmet off. I stare intently at the face of this particular soldier, long brown hair, brown eyes, a brown goatee, and half of his face covered in gold.

"Ja'Krob!?" I yell out. "He looks just like Ja'Krob but much... older."

Ja'Krob pulls one of the two majestic swords off of his back, I'm guessing to be relics.

The sword he currently has in hand has a long silver blade with Norse etchings along the side, with a completely golden handle and winged hilt.

"SUMMER BRANDER!!" An older Ja'Krob roars out.

The sword suddenly gleams with Golden Aether, reminiscent of Voncent's Excalibur.

He thrusts the sword forward, sending out spears of golden Aether towards the collapsing mushroom trees.

"It looks like light Aether but I know it's not. Light Aether is more structured and quicker too, this Aether coming from Ja'Krob is more chaotic."

Suddenly a black knight shoots from the collapsing mushroom trees and rapidly spins his body mid air while deflecting the each of the golden spears with his large black sword.

Once all of the spears are shattered, silver Aether suddenly shoots from his back, boosting him towards Ja'Krob still sliding down the hill.

The Black Knight sends a flying kick towards Ja'Krob, hoping to catch him before he hits the ground, but Ja'Krob makes a burst of Aether of his own from his hands, launching him from the side of the hill. The Black Knight crashes into the side of the hill, sending large pieces of rubble everywhere. Not a second later, the Black Knight pounces out of the crater he created and boost roundhouse kicks Ja'Krob on the gold covered side of his face, causing the gold to crack.

"Don't ya know... kicking is MY thing!!" Ja'Krobs yells as he quickly grabs the leg of the Black Knight, and flings him into the approaching ground, creating another larger Crater, pulling up plant roots and large rocks alike. The Black Knight bounces off the ground after his strong impact with the ground. Ja'Krob begins to follow up with another attack from behind the Black Knight while he's vulnerable in the air, but the Black Knight shoots his legs outward, ripple stepping off of Ja'Krob's chest, sending him sliding back and sending the Knight flying forwards.

The Black Knight quickly turns around as soon as he connects with the ground and squats with his black and silver sword.

"Single Pair technique: Duskbringer!!"

The Black Knight slices the air, creating a large crescent shaped portal of some sort, realeasing a fast and tall wall of darkness. The wall of darkness stretches all the way up to the sky, and shoots quickly towards Ja'Krob, at a speed faster than Ja'Krobs golden Aether, maybe even faster than Voncent's light Aether.