The excuses

{Moondrop's POV}

It will be 2pm soon and the naptime is getting closer. I don't want to confront the children who don't want to sleep because I know I'm going to freak out if they trow a tantrum.
And I, personnaly, don't want to and up as a spare part.

Suddenly, the Daycare's lights go out. I take a look out of the Big tent, Aka the nap place, and I see the children reunited around Sundrop next to the ball pit.

I get a message from him at the same moment, saying: "Come to the ball pit, the children and I are waiting for you".

I'm going there reluctantly, seeing aproximatively 20 children reunited around him.

I see him getting tense when I get closer, with a little bit of panic and stress in his eyes.

- I present to you all Moondrop. From now on, he is charged to make you sleep during the nap time.

I'm seeing some of them that are jumping in place with a big smile, others that are too tired to react, and others that looks shy and don't react.

- Be nice with him, it's his first day here.

At this moment, the 20 children rush at me to make the bigest hug ever. With Sundrop, it was fine, I could push him away. Here, if I move an inch, I can hurt some of them. And I don't want to lose my job, and my life at the same time.
So, I let them do it.

- You look so cool!

- Can I call you Moon?

- Are you gonna read stories to us?

The questions keep going without having the time to answer to them.

- Calm down, please!

- Sorry...

- No problem.

The look of the other light not so bright change from worried to surprised.

- Good! You come?

I follow Sundrop and put myself at his level, with the children around us.

When we are under the tent, the children wisely put themself in the sleeping bags
meant for that purpose.

A little one who look rather shy came to see both me and Sun.

She hand me a bracelet with my color. How did she know for me? Sun didn't tell any of the childs, for what I know.

I take the bracelet and say:

- Thanks, but... How did you know for me?

Sun take her in his arms and say:

- I present to you Laia! She comes when there is too much people, because it's calm when there is nobody. Maybe she came here and saw you.

Ah okay... I understand now.

- Well, nice to meet you Laia. You will always be welcome under the tent if you need calm, I said with the sweetest smile possible.

She smile back and hug me before going back to her sleeping bag.

The nap was very calm and the hour passed really fast. It was already 3pm and we needed to wake the children up.

- Wake up... I said with a calm voice to not rush them.

Slowly, the sleepyhead woke up, until they was all awake.

When they was all ready to go out the tent, I said:

- Bye bye everyone!

- Bye bye Mr. Moon!

At 6pm, the parents come to get their children, and let me alone with Sun. I really need to apologize for yesterday. He was terrified this morning, I saw it.

- Sun...?

I saw him jump before he turns around.

- Y-yes?

- I'm sorry for yesterday, I didn't want to, I just like being alone and I didn't want you to always be with me, and maybe I get carried away...

I saw his eyes lights up before he said:

- Don't worry, I forgive you!

{Sundrop's POV}

When he apologize, I felt a weight getting off my shoulder. He apologize! Maybe he will accept my hugs, now!

I start jumping in place at this thought and waiting for the signal to hug him. I know he understand that I want to do one to him.
He sigh before oppening his arms and says:

- Fine, come here, I now you want one.

You didn't need to say it twice! I run in his arms to do a turbo hug, and he is about to fall at the same time.

- I'm sorry...

- It's fine...

•~{[]}~•

And here we are for this fourth chapter!
What's gonna appen next?
You will know in the next chapter~

732 words