chapter one hundred and eighteen

She stared at his house, he once stared at hers, nobody was to magically open the door in those moments, coming back once or twice a day, wondering if he was ever looking through the window. The white door threw her off many times, but she kept coming until Remus told her it was unhealthy to do this, taking her a diner and wanting her to get over it.

She's even stared at Lily's house from afar, smoking a cigarette snd knowing she would never be able to live with herself if something happened to Lily, praying nothing bad would ever happen to her.

Nora grieved the girl she used to be, filled of bitter, rarely smiled and had her best friend with her no matter what. Here she was waking up day in and day out, wondering what ever happened to that girl; where life was so simple she was able to hate on everyone and still be called the slytherin princess. She was a follower, never a leader; and she wished her problems were only about transfiguration, her only worry at Hogwarts.

The war was going to kill her one way or another, she could slowly feel herself giving up now, wishing James could look at her like he always has. She didn't realize it was going to hurt him this much, as she sat in the chair she always sits in, looking at Tom Riddle with disgust.

She wondered if her hair would look nice short like Betty, also having the urge to go blonde like Narcissa, black hair peeking out a little. Her shoulders were so tense she could barely move, watching him walk until he stood beside Nora, looking at his followers.

"I'd like to welcome our newest recruit, someone who is so devoted he'll even bow at my feet." He announced, everyone looking at the doors as it opened, a silhouette.

Nora couldn't figure out who it was until Atticus shook his head, pinching the bridge of his nose. Too distracted with her best friend being annoyed, Nora slowly turned back to the person, her eyes growing dark as Bellatrix hitched her breath, amazed with the dark lord and his recruit.

Peter Pettigrew wore his dark mark proudly, smirking at everyone. "Nora stand up darling." Riddle said, the girl staring up at him, obeying and realizing she wasn't his number two anymore, hoping this isn't where she were to die.

"Everyone say hello to Peter Pettigrew, someone from the order of the phoenix." The dark lord said in a raspy tone, Nora moving aside for Peter to take her spot, staring down at her.

"But sir, Nora is the spy, simply why do we need him?" Asked Snape, Nora looking over at him. "Who's to say we need Nora, after all, it seems like Pettigrew knows a bit more than she does." Riddle said, Nora still standing, her hands fiddling with one another.

"What do you mean my lord?" Asked Bellatrix, a little nervous for her cousin to be so close to him. Nora looked at Atticus and Theo, hoping nobody had were to happen, her jaw clenching tightly.

"It appears Miss.Black was entangled in a romance against the enemies, befriending the blood traitors, mudbloods and even halfbreeds. More specifically, had relations to a James Potter."

She nearly felt like fainting, hearing the sudden gasps and screams that came from everyone, Atticus, Theo and Damon sitting back in their seats, shaking their heads and disappointed.

"You slutty bitch!" Yelled Bellatrix, rabastan and rodulphus piping up with her choice of words. She couldn't speak; she couldn't cry, she felt powerless once again, staring at Peter with such anger, wanting to go for the throat.

Her heart was pounding out of her chest and she was scared, wishing regulus and Evan were here if something were to happen. She barely got to see Evan during Christmas break, her hands going sweaty.

"Now now Bella, no need for the foul language, Nora was only thinking she'd found true love." Riddle said in a soft tone, Nora harshly swallowing her spit, a tear going down her right cheek.

"Nora must be punished. That goes without saying," he said, Atticus being held back by rabastan, not wanting him to do anything stupid. She couldn't handle all the stares, Theo barely looking.

Was she going to die?

If she were, she'd be okay with it, knowing she deserves this and it wasn't meant to be worth living to see her 21st birthday, sighing. "Disappointed as I am, I could've killed young Nora here many weeks ago, but I chose not to because she was a spy for us, but I have a different task for her to show me if she's still willingly to be here."

"She must join Pettigrew on his mission to kill the McKinnon family, tomorrow night." Her heart nearly stopped, feeling her head hit the cold hard ground, darkness overtaking her.

Atticus witnessed his best friend fainting at the words of something he knew about; not being able to tell her and now staring at her body on the ground. "You're all dismissed, get the girl off the ground."

Rushing over to grab his best friends hand to feel her pulse, Atticus was thankful it was his manor this time, everyone leaving as Peter stood there. "Is she going to be—"

"Get the fuck out of my face before I fucking kill you Peter." Atticus snapped, carrying Nora as Betty grabbed her jacket. "This is your fucking fault, She should've known before today and you didn't let me." He snapped at Theo, the boy walking over with his hands in his pocket.

"She's not going to die, I have a plan."

Marlene McKinnon was content with her life, sitting around with her best friends and enjoying their day off from the order, aparating back home as she tried to find her keys. Hearing something ruffle in the tree that stood tall in front of her house, she turned to wonder if it was the bunny that would come by every now and then, not liking this.

"I think you dropped these." Said a boy walking over to her, Marlene turning as shaking her head. "Ugh what a klutz I am. Thanks." She smiled, walking over go the boy and realizing who it was, her eyebrows furrowing.

"Oh calm down McKinnon, nobody is hurting you here." Marlene started at Theodore Nott, his dark green eyes staring at her as the sun went down, no witnesses around. She knew at one point she'd be on the list, she just wish she was sleeping when it happened.

"You got a little brother right? A mum and dad yeah?" Nott asked her, leaning on the tree and showing peace, Marlene keeping her distance from him. "Why are you asking as if you don't know?" She seethed, Nott smirking at her.

"Oh I forgot how sassy you are." Nott said with a chuckle, Marlene rolling her eyes at him. "Now listen, you are in fact in danger, it doesn't matter when it happen, but it'll be how it happens. Which is why I'm telling you, you aren't safe here anymore, I suggest living at the leaky cauldron or staying with your muggle residents up in Surrey, they aren't attacking there anytime soon."

Staring at the boy while watching him fiddle with her keys, continuing to stay against the tree, shrugging his shoulders with that information. "Why are you telling me this? Aren't you a death eater?" She asked boldly, Nott shrugging his shoulders.

"Doesn't matter why I'm telling you, the question is, are you going to do what I say?" He asked, throwing the keys up and down, the sun soon going down faster.

"How do I know it's not a trap for me and my family?" Marlene asked, squinting her eyes at the man, looking at her forearm and wondering if she could see his dark mark with his sleeves being short and no jacket. She wouldn't be surprised if he got a tattoo sleeve to cover it up, looking back at Nott.

"McKinnon I wouldn't be telling you this if it wasn't so crucial too. It's what's best for you and Ryan, he's only 8." Nott suggested, Marlene staring at him with all this information. "I didn't know all death eaters were soft."

"Who said we were soft?"

Flinching when the door opened and spinning around to her mum standing with Ryan, Marlene widened her eyes as her mum smiled. "There you are sweetie, we've made casserole, oh is this is a friend of yours?" Her mum asked, Marlene shaking her head, her keys being thrown to her direction.

"No ma'am, found your daughters keys, have a good night." Nott said, waving at Ryan with a smile and walking past her gate. "What a handsome lad." Her mum teased, Marlene mumbling an ew.

Was she going to tell Lily about this?