23) There's No Such Thing As Better Things In Life

Comincia dall'inizio

"You were spoiled rotten and turned stale like all your plans,
My tongue's acquired tolerance for tastes I couldn't stand.
You've been stuck in a rut and a wasteland,

drowned in swamps below your feet.

So just trust me, you'll be just fine,
I need your trust just for tonight.
This is not a place in my head,
Reach out your hands and tell me just what you feel.
This is not just all in your head,
Mind over matter makes these things feel so real."

I stopped playing, since the song was still incomplete, and noticed Justin was watching me too, from the doorway, despite he wasn't in my class cause he was a senior. He was holding a leaf that seemed a circular, so he was probably supposed to give it to Mr. Phillips. I must add he looked pretty captivated by the song, and by his gaze I could tell he was going to ask me about it, sooner or later.

"Nice job, Lyndsey." Mr. Phillips complimented. It took me by surprise, he wasn't easy to satisfy. He had rejected many of my works earlier that year.

I thanked him and he was immediately distracted by Andy complaining because he couldn't find his pick, again. Mr. Phillips snorted and quickly walked towards him. That's when I caught Taylor's smirk and looked down at the guitar in my lap.

"It was a nice song." She complimented. It was nice to hear it from her, she had experience. I knew she was in a band pretty famous in the local area, although I wasn't sure of the name.

"Thank you..." she smirked again in response.

"Hey, would you like to play it on a live concert?" she propounded and sat down on a stool across from me. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Did she really want me to play...?

"You mean, like... on a stage? A real stage?" I asked, causing her to roll her eyes and smile.

"No, on a fake stage. A carton stage, if you'd like it better." She joked. I bit my lip.

I wasn't ready for that, I wasn't a musician or something. I was able to play just a few songs and I had written just one, it's not like it was my passion. Doing it on a stage would be... well, I would probably have a panic attack and throw up. – which was actually what happened at the kindergarten, but that's another story.

"I'd rather not, but thanks for offering." I replied politely and she nodded in understanding.

"Well you could still come at some of my band's ahows. I heard you 're good at photography, yeah?" I nodded in response. I'm very modest, I know. I didn't want to brag though.

"That's great! Why don't you come and take some photos of the show, if you don't mind? Our photographer called in sick and I've seen some of your pictures, they're rad." I thanked her and thought about it for a few seconds.

I loved taking pictures, but I had never done it at a real concert and for a real band. I wasn't going to expose myself or anything, so I was totally into it.

"I think that would be great." I finally responded in agreement.

"Cool. There's one concert at the beach, after school. Here's the address..." she said, ransacking in her purse to find a folded leaflet and handed it to me.

"See you there!" she stood up and gave a two fingers salute before going back to her practice.

I read the leaflet.

Black Veil Brides, 2.15pm, Rynne Beach, March 4th.

That was going to be fun.

--