Chapter 9: Fine Hangout

You and Peko are going through an obstacle course in your lab. There is a stopwatch at the end of the course, and you decided to giving it your all to make it past the turrets, spinning dummies, and the tight encounters along the course.

You managed to reach the end of the course and pause the stopwatch as it reached 8 minutes. Afterwards, you sat down and tried to catch your breath.

"Eight minutes," you said. "That's a new personal record for us."

Peko: "Your family must be pretty smart to teach you how to make an obstacle course such as this."

"Yeah, although common sense wasn't exactly one of them. Then again, that's what happens when you spend most of your time away from the modern world."

Peko: "Well, from what they're saying, it's been going okay for the most part. So I guess there aren't too many problems for them."

You grabbed some bottles of water and handed one to Peko.

"Homework has not been fun, but at least we passed one way or another."

Peko: "Yeah. One thing that never leaves our lives is homework. Good thing we took notes during the lessons, otherwise we never would have survived the brutality of the tests."

"I don't suppose I've heard you being dramatic before."

Peko: "Oh my god, I was sounding dramatic. That's a first for me."

"By the way, how's Fuyuhiko doing?"

Peko: "He's making slow but steady changes to the clan. Not saying we weren't good before, but we are starting to get better when was starting to take the helm."

"Good to know. Hey, you want to just hang out later? Like just get ice cream or cake or something."

Peko: "Sure. I could use some relaxing later today."

Hours later, you and Peko are sitting down and eating cake together.

Peko: "This is pretty good."

"Yeah, I can't remember that last time I've had cake."

Peko: "We have been pretty busy lately."

"True that."

Peko: "Hey, everyone is heading to Jabberwock Island in a few days. Want to come with us?"

"A trip to the beach? No way I can say no to that."

Peko: "Great."

You took your cake to go and walked together.