Chapter 5: Introducing Family

You and Peko are outside of an ice cream shop, having ordered your favorite flavors.

Peko: "So, have you talked to your relatives?"

"I'm going to. You just asked that yesterday."

Peko: "Did I? Sorry. Fuyuhiko's clan ran into some trouble and I needed to help them. Hardly slept at all last night."

"Sorry."

Peko: "It's fine."

"To tell you the truth, Peko, I did tell my mom about you yesterday."

Peko: "What did you tell her?"

"That I had a training buddy and we helped sharpen each other's skills, and we had a few conversations together. She said you sound like a really great person."

Peko blushed a little.

Peko: "I'm just a talented Swordswoman. She doesn't need to praise me."

"I literally told her that you'd say that, and she still said that it's true."

"It is."

You and Peko turned around and saw a woman eating ice cream.

"Hi, Mom."

M/N: "Hi, son."

Peko: "Guess that answers my question on which side of your family your ninja heritage comes from."

"Yeah, this is how I found out myself."

M/N: "It's a family thing."

"Peko, this is my mom, M/N. M/N, Peko."

M/N: "Hi, Peko."

Peko: "Hi, M/N. Nice to meet you."

M/N: "Nice to see you too, Peko."

"Yep. The Ultimate Swordswoman and I have a partnership where we challenge each other so we don't lose our moves, to be straight to the point."

M/N: "I'm glad. And Peko?"

Peko: "Yes?"

M/N: "Would you be interested in learning some techniques from us? Just us. No one else. We'd like you to remain in control of these."

Peko: "Y/N wasn't lying about your family, was he?"

M/N: "Things are getting out of control lately, and we have talked about seeing them. If you're interested, would you like to come?"

Peko thought about the question for a second.

Peko: "Sure. And can I bring Fuyuhiko with me?"

M/N: "Your friend? Sure thing."

Peko smiled as you, your mother, and her finished eating your ice cream.