Taste

Her hands were running along my arms, teaching me how to stroke and she was talking about floating or treading or some nonsense that I wasn't really paying much attention to.  I hated being shown how to do things; it makes me feel powerless and especially being shown how to swim by my slave - I was slightly embarrassed.

Although I was being ordered around by her, I just couldn't get over the fact that her skin on mine made my stomach feel strange.  I could feel strange shocks in every spot that she had touched me, and the heat emanating off her body made me want to pull her closer so I could get a stronger whiff of her vanilla scent.

She was standing behind me this entire time, trying to position my body. When she finally swam in front of me, I couldn't help but stare at her body which was covered in a green bra and matching underwear.  The colour brought out her eyes. I took time to actually look at her this time.  I noticed how her brown waves framed her petite face so beautifully.  Her doe eyes pierced into me like pools of emeralds as her gentle fingers attempted to teach me something.

I quickly glanced over her button nose and sensual lips.  I'd had plenty of women at my bevy over the years.  I'd never been denied the pleasure of being intimate with a woman...any woman.  Looking at the doe eyed beauty in front of me, I licked my lips.  I'd never been interested in bedding a human before, but right now, the thought seemed very tempting.  I was too caught up in staring at her beauty that I hadn't realized that she was poking at my chest, trying to capture my attention.

When I finally realized her attempts at getting my attention, I reached for her hands and stopped them from poking at me.  I took her hands and held them in between our bodies, staring at her. She looked flushed; I could see and smell the blood rising to her cheeks, creating a rosy blush.  This aroused my senses, I wanted to feed off of her but I also just wanted to stare at how alluring she looked - she was a siren.

Her frame was frozen as I edged closer to her, both of us forgetting about the swimming lesson.  I ran my fingers over her cheek before running my face along the side of her soft skin and into her neck.  Her soft vanilla scent hit me hard. She didn't shiver or even move for that matter; my fangs elongated as I got to her soft and pale neck.

I wanted it so badly, her blood was taunting me, but I couldn't do this to her.  I knew I couldn't take seeing her in pain, but I hated being like this.  I don't care about anyone, that's who I am.  No one is going to change me.  No one.  Especially not my slave.

With that thought, all of my coldness and bitterness came rushing back to me and my sharp fangs pierced into her porcelain skin, releasing her blood into my hungry and vicious mouth.

As soon as the first drop of blood poured out into my mouth, she flinched and I could hear her yelping, but the blood took over my senses.  I couldn't stop; I didn't want to stop.  My hands gripped her shoulder, using my strength to keep her from moving; her blood was satisfying.  It was the best I've tasted yet and I couldn't get enough.

My mind was swirling with pleasure and thirst, until I was pushed off forcefully and thrown into the wall, out of the pool.  I lifted myself up in a defence position in seconds, angry at whoever had just stopped me from drinking the best blood I have ever tasted.  I came face to face with a smirking Claudius.

''Hello Brother.''  He smirked as I pounced on him making a fist and aiming at his jaw, making sure to break some bones.  How dare he put his hands on me and let alone disrupt me when I was feeding!  As soon as I heard his bones crack, I lifted myself off of him, satisfied while he groaned.

''What a great welcome, Damien.  I came here to visit you and stopped you before you kill another one of your slaves before month end, and this is how you repay me?''

Then it suddenly hit me; I had hurt her.  This thought did not please me and I whipped my head in the direction of the pool but I didn't see her right away.  Oh no! I jumped in, not thinking through that I couldn't actually swim but I was tall, so my feet can touch the ground of the deep pool as I neared the brown hair that I saw floating.

I grabbed her out of the water and placed her on the floor, staring at her lifeless body.  I must have taken too much blood. Her once glowing skin was pale and I could see the ravaging bite marks I had left on her neck.

What have I done? Why did I feel so upset? She was just a human, right?

***

This book and the second (final) book in the series is now available on Amazon - free for those who have a kindle subscription!! Read now to dive deep into Damien and Ella's story in the Vampire King Series. Links will be on my profile.

Also, be sure to check out "The Bad Guy" -  a spin off focusing on Marcus' story here on Wattpad: https://www.wattpad.com/1011452656-the-bad-guy-vampire-king-x-human-1

The Bad Guy Description: The ruthless Vampire King is arranged to marry a weak human. How could he ever accept this girl as his Queen? He surely couldn't love her, after all, he didn't believe in love. No, not after his mate rejected him...but why does she make him want to be good? Good for her. Only her.

I'll be posting new chapters of The Bad Guy every week, probably 2-3 chapters every weekend!