Lessons

As I walked away, anger swelled in me like never before. This insignificant human had come into my life not too long ago and she has already broken so many rules that no other slave has dared to do: she wonders through my palace, touches my things without permission, questions me of my actions and then goes on to tell me that I have a problem and need fixing. If I hadn't thought humans were idiots before, I sure as hell did now.

I was walking up the stairs, knowing she was following quietly behind me - I could hear her strong heartbeat. Since I was supposed to be showing her around my palace, I figure I might as well show her a couple of places before Claudius arrives. I pass the many picture frames and book shelves and stop at my throne room.

The guards were standing in front of the door and waiting for my orders. I could tell they were scared of me as well, especially Steven who was standing on the right, shaking slightly. I smirked at this; he should be scared, I have been generous enough to let his faults go for all this time, but he never learns. He'll learn his lesson tonight.

"Open the door." I command as soon as I could feel her warm breath on my back. The guards moved aside and held the double doors wide open, closing them behind the slave as we entered. I decided to continue on with telling her about her duties without turning to face her. I did not want to see the look of hurt in her eyes that I'd seen when I had crushed her wrist. It had brought me pain, strangely.

"Well, this is where we first met. It is my throne room and it is where I like to spend most of my time. So if I call you to meet me, it would usually mean to come here and if you need to find me, then you should check here first. Never enter without knocking." I managed to say all of this in a stone cold voice, just another mechanism to show her that I was not the friendly type, so that she should give up on her foolish mission. I stood as still as a statue waiting for her response, but I heard nothing.

She didn't attempt to speak, but she had moved positions; I could tell from the sound of her footsteps. I could feel that she had walked much closer to me. I could even smell her scent clearly and it had a vanilla tinge to it. Before I could scold her for once again disrespecting me by not acknowledging that she had understood what I had just said, I felt her hand touch mine and I froze.

Her warmth was radiating onto my cold hard skin and I felt strange. Before I could even think about reacting, she interlaced her fingers with mine and I was speechless. I should be angry and snap her arm in two for touching me a third time, especially after I had given her a warning not five minutes ago when I'd hurt her. This made me think of her green eyes, swollen with shock and hurt when I had inflicted pain on her and my grip slightly loosened on her hand.

We were still standing in that same position - our hands interlaced. I could tell that she was looking at me but I refused to look at her. This was wrong; I knew it was, but I didn't want to let go.

"Are you going to show me to your other rooms now?" She had finally spoken with that beautiful voice of hers. But I noticed something different about her voice, it was something that I could not identify, but all I know is that I had never been spoken to like that before and I sort of liked it.

"Yes." I didn't yell at her for disrespecting me again in fear that she might retreat her hand and I quite liked where it was right now; I was sickening myself. Me, the King, actually enjoying the presence of another that I did not want to kill at the moment. Maybe I was becoming a wuss, in that case, I need to kill someone but I knew it could not be her. I could not take hurting her, looking at her in pain had been painful for myself. This just means that I felt some weird connection but once again, it might only be like that because no other slave has even dared to speak to me before. She could just appeal to me because of her stupidity.