ONCE YOU PARTY WITH US YOU'LL BE FALLING IN LOVE

Orange and Seattle were skipping through the city, when suddenly Orange spotted an adorable looking cafe.

"Ohmygawwsshhhh!! Let's go get some coffee!" Orange exclaimed, dragging Seattle into the shop. Seattle smiled, nodding enthusiastically.

"Now you're speaking my language," Seattle joked. Orange smiled.

"Really? What's your favorite place to get coffee?" Orange asked. Seattle smiled bashfully. 

"Well... it is a bit basic, but I love going to Starbucks... heh, sorry, I know that's probably lame-."

"No, not at all! Hehe, I'm not a huge coffee snob or anything, though I do like trying out all the different coffee places around my house! Angie always gets the same black coffee, but I always wanna try all kinds of lattes! They're my fav!" Orange gushed. Seattle smiled, happy that Orange was inadvertently helping him feel more comfortable by doing most of the talking. 

"I like lattes too... heh, Portland makes fun of me when I order them though...," Seattle said. Orange tilted her head in confusion.

"Why do they make fun of you for that?" Orange asked. 

"Oh, y'know, 'cuz lattes are mostly just... sweetened milk I guess?" Seattle said. Orange smiled and shrugged.

"That's just what makes them so good! I personally don't like the taste of straight coffee anyways," Orange said.

"I do, but... it's nice to have a blend of flavors every once in a while. I guess I love all kinds of coffee the same," Seattle said. Orange giggled.

"You have a pansexual taste in coffee then!" Orange exclaimed. Seattle paused, but then started cracking up.

"You know what? You're right," Seattle said between laughs. 

The pair eventually made their way to the counter to get something to drink, and Seattle ordered an Orange Coffee Tonic. Orange liked that the drink had her name in it, so she ordered one as well. Once they got their drinks, they sat at a table in the back of the shop that had a window overlooking the pier. 

"I'm sorry you've been having to spend so much energy trying to keep the conversation going... I... I'm not the best at small talk," Seattle said.

"Oh, don't worry! I can talk for hours and hours," Orange said. Seattle chuckled.

"Yeah... I'm just not good with people...," Seattle said.

"Me neither," Orange said. Seattle gave Orange a curious look.

"Really? You seem pretty social," Seattle said. Orange shook her head.

"I guess... but I always end up annoying people. I pretend like I can't tell but I can... I'm not trying to annoy them though! I guess I can't figure out how to be myself and likable at the same time...hehe, but that's life!" Orange exclaimed, as bubbly as ever, but Seattle frowned.

"You are likable! I mean, who says you aren't?" Seattle asked. Orange smiled sadly.

"Most people I know treat me like I'm not worth their time... the only exceptions are the SoCal Counties. Riverside likes to act like he hates me, but he actually listens to me when I talk to him. Santa Barbara and Ventura are like sisters to me, and of course Ange always has my back... I think it's just cuz' I'm LA's little sister that most people don't give me a fair chance... I'm not bitter though! It helps me see who's really worth my time," Orange said cheerfully. Seattle suddenly felt awful for initially only seeing Orange as 'LA's Sister'. "That's why I'm having such a nice time with you! You're giving me a chance!" Orange exclaimed, beaming. Seattle felt his words get caught in his throat. Suddenly, he got a text.

"O-oh... it's San Francisco... she says our table is ready," Seattle said, looking down at his phone. He wanted to say something reassuring to Orange, but when he looked up he saw she had already stood up and started gathering her things. She flashed a warm smile at him.

"Well, let's hurry then! I wanna get there before they order!" Orange exclaimed. Seattle smiled awkwardly and nodded, and held out his arm for her to take, which she did without hesitation. 

------------------------

Soon, everyone met at the restaurant. San Francisco made a reservation for a party of eight so everyone could sit together and chat. 

"LA, It's been a while!" Portland exclaimed upon sitting across the table from LA. LA smiled awkwardly.

"Yeah, uh... How've you been?" LA asked.

"I've been good! How about you? Been workin' with Hollywood lately?" Portland asked. All the Southern Californians winced, but LA just shook her head.

"He can kiss my a**," LA said. Portland nodded understandingly.

"I see," Portland said. Seattle wanted to question this further, but decided to hold back as to not make things awkward. Everyone ordered their food and got to talking about the upcoming gala.

"I'm soooo excited! It's gonna be so cool!" Orange exclaimed. LA sighed.

"I'm a bit nervous... I mean, every US state is invited, plus all of their cities...," LA said.

"Well yeah, but it's being thrown in a huuuuge ballroom, plus the surrounding streets!" Orange exclaimed.

"What I'm most worried about is what I'm gonna wear! I don' have any fancy sh*t, and you know everyone will be dressed up like it's the MET Gala!" Imperial exclaimed. San Francisco hummed in thought.

"Well, since y'all are out here anyway... there's a fabric shop by my house. Portland, Seattle and I can make y'all some outfits," San Francisco said. Orange gasped excitedly.

"Ohmagod YES! That would be soooo fun!! Plus it'll help me a ton, I always have to get my dresses custom-tailored because my boobs-."

"Sis, we don't wanna hear about your boob struggles over a nice dinner," LA said. Orange pouted.

"Dumb dinner etiquette...," Orange whined. San Francisco laughed.

"Well, let's talk about it more after dinner. It'd be fun to wear our own one-of-a-kind clothes to the gala!" San Francisco exclaimed.

"Is there a theme?" Riverside asked. 

"America just sent a group text to everyone in the US that said 'if you don't look like you just stole your whole outfit from the Queens in the musical SIX, I don't want you anymore'," San Francisco said. LA laughed slightly.

"So... yassified 1500's couture?" LA said. San Francisco smiled.

"I like the sound of that!" San Francisco exclaimed.

"Perfect! I guess we have our plans for the weekend!" San Diego exclaimed.

"I'M SO EXCITED!" Orange squealed, hugging LA and shaking her. LA smiled at her sisters enthusiasm.

"You know what? I'm excited too,"