YOU COULD TRAVEL THE WORLD BUT NOTHING COMES CLOSE TO THE GOLDEN COAST

"Soooo who's coming over?" Orange asked excitedly as she welcomed herself to San Francisco's home by pouring herself a glass of wine. San Francisco suppressed a groan, clearing her throat and putting on a smile.

"My best friends... Seattle and Portland," San Francisco said. Orange gasped excitedly.

"Ohhhmygahhd Angie told me you have like, THE BIGGEST crush on Portland!" Orange exclaimed. San Francisco went red in the face.

"SHHHH! How did- that little- UGH! Don't tell them, ok?!" San Francisco exclaimed. Orange giggled jovially.

"Ohmygawd I won't! But like- you should totally tell them yourself!! You two would be THE cutest couple!" Orange exclaimed before taking a big gulp of wine. San Francisco was silent for a moment.

"Y-you really think so?" San Francisco asked. Orange smiled and nodded.

"Mhm! You two just give off the same vibe, like, your energies just work together. Like vodka and lemonade," Orange said. San Francisco chuckled slightly.

"Huh... well, thanks for that...," San Francisco said. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Orange skipped over.

"I've got it! Hello babes~!" Orange exclaimed, opening the door for Portland and Seattle.

"Oh? Who are you?" Portland asked.

"Hehe, do you know Los Angeles?" Orange asked.

"Yes?" Seattle said.

"Well I'm the most well known for being her sister! Hehe~ the side effects of being the younger sibling of such an icon, amiright?"Orange exclaimed. San Francisco put her arm around Orange in a sympathetic way.

"Some southern Californians are over for the weekend... and I decided to let Orange tag along with us today...," San Francisco said. Portland smiled politely, but Seattle looked conflicted.

"Um... I dunno... I have trouble with new people-,"

"Oh, don't worry about that! I'm sure we'll be besties in no time! Now c'mon, let's go have some fun!" Orange exclaimed, looping her arm with Seattle's and dragging him out the front door. San Francisco and Portland just smiled and shrugged at each other, following close behind.

Meanwhile, the rest of the SoCal group decided to split up and putz around the city, LA and San Diego walking along the pier together. The pair didn't talk much, as they were just gazing around at the scenery. LA hated the silence.

"Um... so... you remember that big gala America is hosting in a few weeks?" LA asked. San Diego looked over at her in confusion.

"The one you said you'd rather chop your limbs off than attend?" San Diego asked. LA nodded.

"I think... I kinda wanna go," LA said.

"Really? What changed?" San Diego asked. LA sighed.

"I guess... I'm kinda tired of feeling like my life is over just 'cuz I'm not the same person I used to be... Reinventing yourself is supposed to be fun, right? And I feel like I haven't felt that big 'rebirthed' feeling," LA said. San Diego smiled.

"Well... I'd be happy to go with you then. It'll be fun!" San Diego said. LA smiled, feeling uncharacteristically excited about going to a party for the first time in a while. 

"Yeah... it'll be fun."

Meanwhile, Orange was excitedly talking to a shopkeeper about what earrings she should buy based on her favorite music, while San Francisco and her friends stood in the back of the jewelry shop, huddled together.

"I just don't know if I'm comfortable with her in the group... I mean, she's Los Angeles' little sister! Do we really want her kind here?" Seattle said.

"...'Her kind'?" Portland asked. Seattle blew out a breath.

"Y'know, basic beach barbies with the intelligence of a walnut. She probably already thinks she's cooler than us- I mean, look at her! She's wearing stilettos in a city during business hours on a Wednesday, with authentic gold earrings, and a pencil skirt so short she might as well be wearing a loincloth!" Seattle exclaimed. Portland raised their hands up defensively.

"Look Seattle, I think we're letting our prejudices get in the way. I know hippies like us and beach babes like her aren't exactly kindred spirits, but can we not set aside our differences?" Portland asked. Seattle opened his mouth to object, when Orange suddenly rushed over to them.

"Guysss! Look at these adorable earrings!!" Orange exclaimed. Seattle looked at her earrings, and for a moment, got a bit excited by what he saw.

"Oh sh*t, those are the colors of the pansexual pride flag... are you...?" Seattle started, feeling like these superficial barriers he put up could come crumbling down.

"Huh? What's that? I just got these because they remind me of my favorite Taylor Swift album," Orange said. Seattle's amazed expression immediately turned bitter.

"Oh, I see," Seattle said. Orange frowned, and San Francisco sighed.

"Don't be that way Seattle, just explain it!" San Francisco said. Seattle sighed.

"Ok, basically pansexual is when someone's sexuality isn't defined by gender preference... they just kinda love whoever they love...," Seattle explained. Orange giggled.

"Ahh~! That's fitting considering my earring represent Taylor's 'Lover' era!" Orange exclaimed, wearing a bubbly expression. Seattle couldn't help but chuckle. "By the way, I'm like, totally ok with all that! I just don't know a lot of the different sexualities and genders... hehe... but I don't mind that you're trans!" Orange exclaimed. Seattle wore a shocked expression.

"How did you-."

"You're wearing a pin with the trans flag on it! I at least know that one! Hehe, I was actually looking at all of your pins! My favorite movie is Lilo & Stitch too!" Orange exclaimed, pointing at the many pins on Seattle's denim jacket. Seattle was speechless, while Portland and San Francisco started giggling.

"Wow, I wonder what else you two have in common?" San Francisco asked. Orange smiled, deciding to play a bit of match-maker.

"Hmm, how about while me and Seattle get to know one another, you and Portland go get us some reservations at that Chinese restaurant you were raving about earlier, huh Franny? The two of you can wait at the cafe across the street together, and call us when our table's ready! It'll be just the two of you~," Orange exclaimed, winking at San Francisco. San Francisco's face turned red once more, but Portland simply smiled.

"That sounds good! We'll see you two later!" Portland exclaimed. The pair walked away, and Orange once again linked arms with Seattle. Now, with a newfound curiosity and open mind, Seattle let Orange lead him along.