As the night wore on, a heavy silence settled between them. Nandini couldn't help but feel a profound sense of betrayal. How could the man she once loved speak to her with such cruelty? And yet, despite everything, a part of her still longed for his love, still hoped that he would come to his senses and realize the mistake he was making.

In the cramped, dimly lit jail cell, the air was thick with tension and the acrid smell of fear. The police had brought in another man who had harassed a woman, and his presence only added to the palpable unease that filled the space.

The man's eyes locked onto Nandini, his gaze predatory and unsettling. She could feel his stare like a physical touch, sending shivers down her spine. She shifted uncomfortably, trying to avoid his gaze, but he moved closer, his intentions clear.

Ignoring the warning glares from the other inmates, the man approached Nandini with a lecherous grin, his words dripping with malice. He reached out to touch her, but before he could, Manik intervened.

With a swift and powerful punch, Manik struck the man squarely in the jaw, sending him reeling backward with a cry of pain. Blood trickled from the man's nose as he stumbled away, casting fearful glances at Manik.

 Blood trickled from the man's nose as he stumbled away, casting fearful glances at Manik

Breathing heavily, Manik turned to Nandini, his eyes blazing with a mixture of anger and protectiveness

Breathing heavily, Manik turned to Nandini, his eyes blazing with a mixture of anger and protectiveness. "Stay away from my wife," he growled, his voice low and menacing. Nandini felt a rush of gratitude and admiration for him, overwhelmed by his bravery and the depth of his emotions.

As the commotion died down and the man retreated to a corner, Manik's eyes narrowed, his voice cold and threatening. "If you ever come near her again, I'll break every tooth in your mouth," he warned, his words laced with a fierce determination to protect Nandini at all costs.

In that moment, Nandini realized the depth of Manik's love for her, and despite everything that had happened between them, she knew that she still loved him too. Maybe, just maybe, there was hope for them yet.

Nandini's words carried a bitter edge as she sarcastically referred to herself as Manik's wife, her tone laden with hurt and resentment.

"I'm your wife now, huh?" she retorted, her voice tinged with sarcasm.