42

(A couple days later...)

  "Soo..." Thought tried to spark a conversation. "No sign of Edge?"

  She sat on a large rock in the center of their small set-up. Her small legs dangled off of the surface. Thought felt very high up.

  "Nope!" Someone replied.

  Thought grinned.

Perfect.

  "Well, I'd be happy to go look for her," She said.

  She felt a tiny bit bad, but Thought really liked the new Edge. She felt as though she had gotten her karma.

  Whenever Thought had a great idea, Edge was always there to "put her in her place." Sure, Drought's death was sad... ish, but he could've been a traitor to them!

"I can help look for Edge!" Atlanta said, jumping in.

  "Great!" Thought grinned. "Anyone else?"

  Sayuri shook her head.

"Ji-ho and I can't come along. Although, while looking for Edge, could you two mind gathering some possible ingredients for the cure?" Sayuri requested. She took one glance at Ji-ho's state.

  "By the end of this, all of the boys will be dead." Someone muttered.

  Thought nodded. Her face grew firm. She was ecstatic that she was being asked to do something. It felt so much better than just 'Oh Thought, why don't you stay back with Wisp and Rustic?'

  Why couldn't they just all stick together? If she really was acting their age— Both of them acted younger than they were —then it sort of made sense...

  Whatever. Now she could make the choices.

  "Wisp; Rustic!" Thought called out.

  She slid off her rock. Thought landed with a soft thud on the ground. She didn't like the feeling of being short again.

  They looked up at her. "What?" One of them asked.

  "Want to come to look for Edge and things to help Ji-ho?" She asked.

  "Sure!" Rustic immediately replied.

  He snatched Wisp's arm before she had time to say anything. Rustic brought himself and Wisp up to Thought and Atlanta.

  His eyes shone with a bright energy, and he was practically jumping up and down. Some of that energy must've found its way to Wisp. Now, she too, looked excited.

  'It's a little sad that Edge doesn't seem to care for Ji-ho anymore.' Some part of her randomly whispered to her.

  She shook it off. Random thoughts.

  "Alright! Should we get going?" Atlanta asked.

  "Yup!" Thought let another prideful grin splash over herself.

This was awesome.

~*~

  "Where do you think she headed off?" Wisp said in a sigh-grumble.

  They had been strolling around the woods for a couple hours now. Thought carried a large bucket filled with water for Ji-ho. Wisp and Rustic each found some berries or something. She couldn't see what Atlanta had.

  "I dunno..." Rustic mumbled. "Maybe went to go see Drought."

  "Rustic," Wisp whispered, "Drought is... Uh, gone."

  "Oh." His face dimmed.

  "Either way, whether we find her or not, at least we got stuff for Ji-ho," Thought told the two.

  "Hm? Oh right. What if Edge was caught by Droplet Tribe guards? Like, knowing how she is now..." Atlanta's voice trailed off.

  "Oh.." Thought mumbled; slightly awkwardly.

  "Well," Thought began. She acted a little queasy, but was pretty happy. "Should we even go looking for her?"

  She sucked in a breath. "Even doing this could get ourselves caught—"

  A rag was slashed over her mouth. She breathed in the strange substance. Everything began to spin.

  Thought fought weakly against the attackers — Who by the looks of it were Droplet Tribe guards.

  It was no use. She heard Wisp's shrill scream, and then everything went black.

——

Sorry if these chapters are getting shorter again :(

On the bright side, this book is almost done, and book two should start soon!!

-ecHo