Chapter 10- When All Went Well

"Rohit" Karishma squealed and Rohit knocked her down on the couch as he held her throat, trying to choke her.

One sound of splash, and Rohit was down on the ground. Karishma was breathing heavily with her chest visibly heaving up and down. She looked at Haseena standing infront of her, she too was breathing heavily like Karishma.

She had splashes of blood on herself. A drop, just trickling down her left eyebrow. She peeped down at Rohit who now lied on the floor on his stomach, a knife stabbed into his back, not too deep, yet deep enough to stop him from harming anyone.

"AP theek hain?" Haseena asked and Karishma replied in affirmative, still in shock.

_____________________

A while later, the police arrived and investigated. Haseena made sure that she didnt kill Rohit while attacking him, even though she felt like it. She took the baggage of answering the police while Karishma sat comfortably being questioned.

"Kal Thane ana padega ap dono ko. For some formal work." The police said.

"Chal be" the constable said to Rohit who was now bowing down.

Once the police had gone, Haseena and Karishma looked at eachother and sighed.

"Thankyou Haseena, sab sambhalne keliye" Karishma said and Haseena smiled.

Just then, her phone rang. She saw the name. 'Anisha' it said.

"Hello" Haseena answered. "Abhi? Uhh okay, wait I will check and msg you" Haseena said and hung up the call.

"Anisha wants to hangout" Haseena said.

"Toh.. jaiye" Karishma said with uncertainty in her voice. Why did she not like the idea that Haseena was going to go hangout with Anisha.

"Apko chor ke?" Haseena asked, Karishma nodded.

"Hum theek hain, ap jaiye Haseena. Vese bhi bahut mushkil se voh apki dost bani hain" Karishma said.

Haseena came and sat beside her, "I know, but I won't leave you till you get well" Haseena said in a casual tone.

Even though she didn't know, even in that tone, the words worked like magic on Karishma. She had not heard such soothing words all her life. It was like a dream, to have someone care for her so much.

"Iam sorry for the all the trouble."

"No need. Apne dost mana hai na humein. Movie dekhe?" Haseena suggested and Karishma just nodded with a sweet smile.

Within some time, Haseena prepared the whole setup for watching a movie. She had prepared popcorns for snacks and some chocolates she brought at the moment. After everything was set up infront of them, she gave the remote to Karishma.

"Ap choose kijiye" Haseena said and Karishma did what she was asked to.

_________________________

An hour into the movie, Karishma saw Haseena slump down on the arm of the sofa. She had fallen asleep.

She smiled and switched the tv off, as she went upstairs to bring a blanket for Haseena.