Chapter 9- A Sweet And Salty Morning

Everything which happened the last night rushed into her mind as soon as she opened her eyes and they instantly turned numb. But she knew she didnt have time to grieve her failed love.

She sat up with difficulty, due to the wounds in her shoulder. The room was dark inspite of the window being open, it was drizzling outside, making the temperature cool. She looked beside her, Haseena had left it seems.

She looked at herself, her clothes only reminded her of her misery. The pant which she wore in the middle of the night, the pant which Haseena had given her to wear complimented with Haseena's hoodie and she wasn't wearing anything underneath.

She turned the knob of her room's door and went outside. Her home was only filled by lifeless things at the moment. Her family had not come yet.

Suddenly a smell hit her nostrils. Not a bad odour, but it was delicious. It was food. And it was coming from downstairs.

Karishma walked down the stairs amd the smell just got stronger and stronger, the house was smelling delicious.

She went into the kitchen and saw saw Haseena humming while stirring inside the mini wok. So Haseena had not left yet.

"Haseena?" Karishma called her and Haseena just turned with a smile.

"Ji!" She said enthusiastically.

"Yeh aap kya kar rahin hain" Karishma asked.

"Are ap yahan bethiye" she said, making Karishma sit on the dining table, gently. "Just give me two minutes"

Haseena went to the stove and stirred in the wok once before pouring a liquidi content in a small bowl. She then plated some rice and presented it infront of Karishma.

"Hume Pata nhi tha apko kya pasand hai, toh simple se dal chawal bana diye" Haseena said as she pulled a chair and sat infront of her. "Kha ke bataiye na kese bane hai"

Karishma was nervous. Out of all the dishes, Haseena made one which she hated. But she did not want to hurt Haseena by telling her that she didnt want to eat.

She took a spoonful of dal and mixed it with rice. Haseena watched her expressions intently as she put that spoonful of dal chawal in her mouth.

Karishma was worried about the reaction which her face would automatically give. But this time instead of an ugly and disgusting expression, Karishma gave a pleasant and satisfied one after eating dal chawal.

She did not have to make it up, it was the first time in her life when she had liked dal amd rice. She liked the burst of flavours in her mouth, she liked their texture.

Seeing her reaction— eyes closed in satisfaction— Haseena was content. She smiled and got up from the table to make a plate for herself.

"Dal chawal itne ache bhi hote hain hume pata nhi tha" Karishma mumbled. "Apko khana banana ata hai?" Karishma asked out loud.

"Ji. Infact hamari hobby hai" Haseena said as she poured some dal in the bowl and moved back towards the table. "Apko pasand aya?" Haseena asked as she settled.

"Bahut" Karishma said as she continued eating.

"And by the way," Haseena said as she took out something from the cover beside her. "Wet wipes, apko isse dard nhi hoga. And if you need then Iam ready to help you" she said as she concentrated back on her food.

Her words made Karishma stop her movements. She was so sweet and kind towards her, literally from the beginning. She was not a green flag, she was a green forest, a whole forest.

"Thankyou Haseena" Karishma said.

"Dost bhi banati hai aur thankyou bolke paraya bhi krti hai" Haseena said as she looked at her and Karishma smiled.