-Sixteen-

As I told Tony I knew it. He would strike us in anger. When we reached the compound it had been leveled in the main areas. Smoke was still pluming around it in dark colors. Blue and red lights flashed as people tried to put the fires out. My crochet items might not salvagable now that they'd been near a fire. Although I could see my window from here. It looked fine, but that didn't mean it was okay. Maybe I could donate them to a museum of art or something. There was a toy museum around.

"He will hit again are we ready?" I asked.

My powers were gone after my last explosion. It was tolling and I'd only eaten a little in the last week.

My eyes glanced around and everybody nodded in agreement. Tony was giving me a look that told me he wanted me out of this. I couldn't do it. We went around the city looking for evidence of anything.

We landed as close as we dared to. It was an old building that had been damaged in the fight from before. Tony flew off while the rest of us had to take what was left of the stairs. Tony had scanned it to make sure it was okay. Well there was a chance the enitire thing crumbled.

Steve had made sure he was the first one down. The rest of us followed. When we got a big gap most of them made it down easily. I hesitated looking down the five floors left.

"Come on I won't let you fall" Peter said.

I nodded and without anymore thought I jumped. I landed on the edge and smiled just before it broke. I only fell past my arms length before I was stopped. Peter had used his weird spiderwebs again. I pulled me and held onto me grabbing my hip. Being this close to him and feeling his warmth set something ablaze in my chest.

We stood there for a moment while the other two continued down. I looked into his eyes. My cheeks flushed with warmth as he leaned closer. I did want this. Maybe I had the entire time. When his lips touched mine I felt like the world vanished. I'd always thought that was an exaggeration. His arm was still wrapped around me. His free hand cupped my cheek and even though the kiss hurt I wanted it. My lip was throbbing, but I had little care. I just wanted to feel him close to me. He tasted like mint as if he'd prepared for this.

"Come on" it was Steve.

We pulled away quickly and when I looked down even from here I saw a knowing smile on his face. I wondered if everybody had known.

When we reached them Steve was laughing, "I won you owe me".

"What no nothing is official" Nat said.

I wondered for a moment if they were talking about us. Peter tapped his suit and it formed over his body.

We ran in the direction where Tony had gone. We had to avoid the dangers of the debris. He flew down with Wanda behind him.

"They are stealing something from a vault I think" Tony said.

He proceeded to tell us where to go. I ran in the direction of him with everyone behind me. Of course Steve and Nat went past me in a heart beat.

Shots rang out and I ran towards a wall. I dove into a cement hole and crashed into a tile floor. I looked outside examining the the ship. I looked for Peter, but he wasn't in sight.

Suddenly arms wrapped around my body. They were metal and red with stripes. It was Peter. It wasn't a kind thing though. It was tight and hurting.

"I can't control it" he said.

How had they taken his suit? A bug? I wasn't sure all I knew is I had to get away and get him free. I dropped down long enough to escape the building. He was hot in pursuit though. My shadows tingled slightly in my arms. I knew I couldn't use them on Peter.

I didn't hear him, but I could see him fighting against the metal on his body. I needed enough time and distance to stop him.

"Tony? any way to get a suit off someone without destruction?" I asked through an ear piece.

"No? Why?" he asked.

"They are controlling him" i said breathing heavily.

Peter kept gaining only small muscle movements. If I stopped and used my powers I'd need to get it just right to pry it off. Unfortunately he was nearly breathing down my neck.

A disc shot at him and knocked him to the side. Steve had a red tint to his cheeks from running. It was enough time for me to stop and summon my powers. Peter climbed up quickly. He charged for me and I shot them out at him. I made a small hole and let them fill it. I move my arms outward and red metal shot out in multiple directions. Peter stood there. I made my way to him just as a shot rang out. I looked around for the source to see a group of men. Hydra men and a the center he stood there. He blew on a small gun that was smoking from being fired.