Ghost?

When he was younger, he talked quiet a lot about exterminating entire families and clans, killing million of people's, creating rivers of blood and other cruel actions. But most of the time , they were empty words. If he could actually do the things that he said, he would have been long been dominating the cultivation world.

There were number of coughs listening this type of things coming from wei wuxian then they thought that it actually made sense.

" it actually..........made bit of a sense" A cultivator exclaimed.
" but you all were senseless that time" jin Ling said rolling his eyes.
All the juniors laughed at jin Ling meanwhile the cultivators were embarrassed.

Madam Mo's true intention wasn't to avenge him but to find to let out her resentment on.
Wei wuxian didn't want to be bothered with her,  he thought for a moment and stuck his hand into Mo ziyuan's arms. He fished around for a moment and pulled something out, unfolding it in front of him. Surprisingly it was phantom attraction flag.

There were series of oahh , stupid and idiot coming from the cultivators understanding what actually happened they couldn't help but think wei wuxian really scored a lucky goal and didn't had to deal with mo ziyuan's killing.

Instantly he realized what was going on and uttered under his breath , he had it coming.
When lan sizhui and others saw what was taken out of mo ziyuans arms they also understood the situation.  Associating this with the farce that happened today the cause was easy to guess. During the day Mo ziyuan lost face because of mo xuanyu's crazy behavior and loathed him, still wanting to square up with him. However mo xuanyu wandered outside for a long while so mo ziyuan planned to sneak up on him at night when he would be returning.
When night had fallen he secretly went outside and was passing the west courtyard when he saw the phantom attraction flags on the walls. Although he was repeatedly told not to go outside or near west courtyard and especially to stay away from these black flags, mo ziyuan thought that he was told to do so because they were scared of people stealing the valuable weapons.

The lans were speechless ....How could that brat come with this reasoning out of all of things. does lan clan lacks money lan qiren huffed while thinking all that.

He had no idea about the dangerous effects of these flags or that if he held it he would be turned into living target .He got addicted to stealing his cousins talisman and magic tools and he would always itch to take odd items like this not giving up until he obtained it. Therefore when the owner of flags were subduing walking corpse in west courtyard he quietly took one.

" I have never seen someone as stupid as that mo ziyuan brat" sect leader Yao said
" but I have seen , saw and even talking to someone even more stupid than mo ziyuan" jin Ling didn't bother to hide his hostility toward the sect leader Yao and got smacked by his own father.

" behave a-ling" said jiang yanli

Jin Ling was quiet happy to be scolded by his mother it just felt so good.

The flag formation utilized six spirit-attraction flags, five of which
were set up in the west courtyard using those youths from the Lan family as
bait. However, they themselves were protected by the countless spiritual tools
carried on their persons. Although Mo Ziyuan had only stolen the one flag, he
didn’t have any protective tools on him. Go after the weakest, as they say.
Naturally, the evil spirits were lured to him. If it had only been walking
corpses, then it wouldn’t have been a big deal. At most, he’d have been bitten
a couple times. It wouldn’t have resulted in his death. There would still have
been a chance to save him. Yet it just so happened that this spirit-attraction
flag had unintentionally summoned something more terrifying than walking
corpses. And it was precisely this unknown evil spirit that had killed Mo
Ziyuan and robbed him of an arm!
Wei Wuxian raised his wrist. Sure enough, a cut on his left arm had
healed. It seemed the sacrificial ritual had acknowledged Mo Ziyuan’s death as his doing. After all, the spirit-attraction flag was Wei Wuxian’s invention,
so he’d hit the mark out of pure luck.
Madam Mo was perfectly aware of her son’s little flaws, but she would
never admit Mo Ziyuan had caused his own death. Anxious and aggravated,
she picked up a teacup and hurled it at Wei Wuxian’s face.
“If you hadn’t made a scene and framed him in front of so many people
yesterday, would he have gone out in the middle of the night?! It’s all your
fault, you bastard!!”