EXHUASTION . (adam x fem! reader)

adam x fem reader

the door creaked open, revealing you, utterly exhausted from the day's endeavors

the door creaked open, revealing you, utterly exhausted from the day's endeavors. your wings drooped with fatigue, and your steps were heavy as you entered the room where adam was leisurely watching tv. he glanced your way, a hint of amusement in his golden eyes.

"what's the matter? tired?" he snickered, the corners of his lips curling into a mischievous grin.

you groaned as a response. adam was right. you were fucking tired. but you still wanted to do something before you went to bed.

without any warning, you practically flopped onto him, catching him off guard. "what the—?" he yelped, his surprise evident in the sudden change of his expression.

you chuckled at his startled face, and wrapped your wings around him like a cocoon. you buried your face into his shoulder, inhaling his musky scent that always felt like home.

"what are you doing?" he questioned, a mixture of confusion and amusement in his voice.

"shush," you muttered, your words muffled against his shoulder. "i'm just a little sleepy."

"a little?" he snorted, "you look like you're ready to pass out, babe."

"well, i'm not." you retorted playfully, the exhaustion momentarily forgotten in the comforting cocoon of his arms.

adam, relenting with a chuckle, shifted slightly to free his arms from your wings. bringing one up to your head, he began running his fingers through your hair, the gentle strokes eliciting a soft hum from you.

"long day, huh?" he murmured.

"yeah," you mumbled, "i think i might stay home all day tomorrow"

"probably should," he agreed.

you sighed, feeling your body begin to relax. the heat radiating off adam's body was like a hot shower, and the sound of his heartbeat was soothing.

you felt yourself falling asleep.

"i love you," you mumbled.

he froze for a moment, his breath hitching, but he continued stroking your hair.

"i love you too, babe," he whispered.

and then, you fell asleep, the soft sounds of the television lulling you into a peaceful slumber.