Chapter Fifty-Five

Start from the beginning

Daemion clenched his fist into Rhaena's bloodied blue dress.

"Hell? I've already been." Daemion spoke coldly. "Now run, dog... Before I change my mind."

The Septon was struck with fear and disbelief, but after mere seconds, as he tried to not fall, he ran to the other side of the Tomb, toward a door and from that door, he disappeared.

As the Septon went away... With shame, Daemion looked at his mother's tomb one more time... Perhaps for the last time.

His heart began to beat rapidly.

He could feel tears forming in his eyes

He could not feel why, but the mere name of hers brought the small image of her face... from that dream... Long ago. Her beautiful face... Her elegant demeanour... Her motherly touch...

Daemion longed to feel his mother's touch one more time... Even if it was the faintest touch... Just to feel her touch... To remember that once he had a mother, even if it was for mere minutes... For he knew the Septon was right... His mother was somewhere that he could never simply follow.

As Daemion continued to look at the name and tomb of his mother, Rhaena softly moved in his arms. She was dreaming again... and not a pleasant one.

Nearly one and thirty years old, and yet he still did not have the heart to see his mother's resting place... More than ever now... For he was ashamed to face his mother...

"Forgive me... Mother." Daemion whispered as he turned and calmly began to walk away.

But as he walked away, as he walked toward the stairs... He felt something.

Daemion felt as a gentle touch on the back of his hair... Caressing his hair...

Daemion turned around to see what it was, but there was nothing.

Only the tomb of his mother.

                                  __________

As Daemion reached the floor where he had taken his uncle's head, he could smell the burning bodies and smoke.

Setptons and maesters were on fire, as their robes burned to the skin over their bones, suffering the consequences of Daemion's uncle's sins.

As Daemion carried Rhaena in the middle of the hall, he heard someone calling for him.

"Commander." Sly called as he walked toward Daemion, but as he stood in front of Daemion, he saw Rhaena in Daemion's arms.

Sly looked at Rhaena and then looked at Daemion and spoke softly. "Is this her?" Sly asked softly. "Your beloved?"

Daemion blinked and then wordlessly and calmly nodded. My beloved... Daemion thought to himself. She is much more than that, brother.

Before Sly could say another thing for Daemion to respond to him, Ser Walder Lannett walked toward them with his hand on his sword's hilt. "My prince. We have... found Prince Aegon's body we believe." Ser Walder spoke calmly as he pointed at a body on the ground, and Daemion turned his head toward Aegon's headless body and looked at it.

It was not so hard to recognize the Targaryen sigil on Aegon's black and red clothing, but his body appeared to be much rounder than what Daemion remembered him by. As if he had been drinking for years instead of water...

Aegon. Daemion thought to himself. Never thought you would meet your end like this, old friend. And with that Daemion brought his face back to Ser Walder and spoke.

"Ser Walder. Leave for the Red Keep and take my brother with you. Take Prince Aegon's body back on horseback." Daemion spoke as with his head he pointed at Sly, to show who he meant by brother. "I know you are tired, but please ride with no rest or breaks. I want you to reach Red Keep in no time in a few days. I will leave atop Modread with Princess Rhaena."