Germania A Dream No More

Hitler's dream Göring's reality. Germania once just a project was almost ready by the winter of 1952, and due for March 1953. A grand project started in Hitler's time to be finished in Göring's reformed Reich.

The grandeus project where estimated 200.000 people lost their life building was almost ready. Millions of marks spent for materials and all the work needed.

At times Göring thought of canceling the plan, but since the progress was too big he halted the idea. Giving the opportunity, with almost all of the city developed moving into it was approved.

By the winter of 1952 close to 20.000 people lived in Germania. Not even close to half a percentage of the population it would host. By 1960 plans were that 1 million people would live in Germania and by the end of the 1960s 3 million.

People that would populate the new city mostly will be from Berlin, with after completion being more from other places in the Reich. The new city would have a grand hall where the leader of the Reich was to have speeches in front of thousands of people, estimates around 130.000 or even more to fill the hall.

Along with "Die Volk Hallen" a big library in the center of the city will ne opened. Where more than 200.000 books from over 6000 authors will fill the shelves of it.

Apartment blocks with 20 floors and 15 apartments on each floor built everywhere. A massive skyline of the city and monuments of the Reich. Modern designs combined with old designs, parks and green spaces to fill the spaces.

15 schools, 4 high schools and 1 University. Several hospitals equipped with the latest technology and family spaces to enjoy the new city. Everything anyone would need in just one city, in the grand capital of the Reich.

A main boulevard where military parades will be held. Die Volken Boulevard would be the name and only the most loyal of the people will be allowed to live there. Life in the new city will also be expensive, salaries on the measure too.

If in Berlin you needed 4000 marks a month as a family in Germania that would double. High quality conditions for life, and very performant ways of life.
Work fit for everyone, technology, industry, hotels, bars and many more to open in Germania.

Berlin would become just an area of Germania by 1958. Neighboring villages, towns or cities massed into the grand capital by 1955. Germania once finished will grow every new year, eventually reaching the coast in the Baltic sea.

The new capital will become the shaper of the Reich. Everything decided from there, anything regarding important decisions made there. Berlin the dominant city of the Reich will no longer be so, just a part of the new dominant city.

Germania will be the new place where everything moves from. Once fully developed to the wanted potential it will still grow but at a slower pace. Eventually by the 1970s to stop developing and just stagnate into the powerhouse it will be.