He whirled in the air at heightened speed and met the nin with a strong blow. The nin blocked his swords with his long katana and he moved in rapidly. Naruto held up his swords defensively and they traded rapid hits.

The clash of metal on metal filled the woods and Naruto grunted in irritation. The bastard was strong. Naruto flexed his fingers and his strings lunged forward. His eyes widened in alarm as the nin evaded his attack with a low chuckle. The blond furrowed his brows in confusion.

The nin had expected his attack. There was something off.

"Who the hell are you?" He rasped impatiently as he blocked a kick and sent back a hard punch.

The nin caught his wrist and pivoted on his foot, throwing him over his shoulder. Naruto twisted in the air and landed on his feet. He raised his swords defensively in front of him and glared vehemently at the enemy nin.

The nin released an airy chuckle and shook his head. Dark curly locks fell over his painted mask.

"It's good to see your skills didn't grow rusty." He spoke with a low tone.

Naruto frowned.

"Kozō."

He stiffened.

There was only one person who addressed him in such a manner. No. It was impossible. He glared ahead in rage. An imposter. How dare he?! The genin moved his hands in a rapid seal and sent a slew of wind bullets towards the nin.

He wanted to eviscerate him. Tear him apart in a million pieces for acting a part that meant the world to him. He was going to mince him and pull out his innards while he screamed in agony.

"I will kill you." He hissed vehemently.

"Oho? That's a new one!" The nin chuckled and jumped backwards, evading the air bullets.

Naruto gritted his teeth and moved through a fast one-handed seal. He spread his palms open and aimed - String Net - and his nets flew forward to catch its prey. The nin laughed and substituted his body with a fallen log.

"I forgot how annoying your attacks are." The nin spoke from behind him.

Naruto whirled around and blocked a blade to his throat.

"Tsk tsk, there's an artery here kozō."

Naruto grunted and flexed his fingers. The nin laughed and moved backwards. He moved his hands through a familiar seal and the blond's eyes widened at the impossibility of his situation. It couldn't be. The nin ripped off his kitsune mask in a quick fluid motion and he took a large inhale of air.

Naruto felt his entire world stop.

The nin grinned a wide Cheshire grin that was achingly familiar and he launched flames from his lips.