Nightclub

Night came and Claw Noir made it back to the mansion to speak with his distant relative. He sees Felix doing his school studies and when Felix is about to head to bed, he is startled by his presence.

"Shit! Don't do that!" Felix panted by his heart attack.

"Sorry about that" Claw Noir said.

"Where the hell have you been? You could've been roasted to death in broad daylight! Are you insane?!" Felix criticized him for doing something stupid.

"Been exploring Paris tonight" Claw Noir said.

"I hope you did not get caught by having your fangs suck the life out of everyone," Felix said.

"No, but one thug wasn't so lucky" Claw Noir replied.

"Huh, I suppose you did go savage like an animal for it" Felix puts his books away in his school bag.

"Almost savage but I'm sane now. It's great to talk to you now. The people I have known in my time are dead. Waking up from my prison was like....waking up into a world I don't belong to" Claw Noir said, trying to adapt to this new mansion decorated with lanterns to electric lamps.

"Still not used that there are more electric lamps than in the 1880s?" Felix guessed.

"Mostly no. And a little blinding too" Claw Noir said since candles and lanterns were not as bright as that, "Even in the city was a little too much. And what are those moving wagons with no horses that move on their own?"

"You mean cars? There are rare countries that still use horse chariots from your world but cars today became popular for over a century. Horses today become either farm animals, pets, or racers for sports. The world you woke up to is far beyond evolved today" Felix said before dragging him quietly to his room.

"I see. Well, there were steam engines around in my time" Claw Noir said.

"Right now it's electric. Everyone today is more into technology than old-fashioned. So, do you need help with something?" Felix asked.

"Yes. I'm looking for the descendant of Lila Rossi. Do you know where I can find her?" Claw Noir asked.

"If you're looking for her, she's very slippery like hell. I suggest you go to a nightclub. Criminals tend to hold lots of major secrets, rumors, and gossip. But I gotta warn you, that place is dangerous, wild, and very sexually attracted for women to be desperate to have sex with any man, including you" Felix shuddered at how that place is dangerous to go in.

"Oh boy. Well, I'll show them who's the boss" Claw Noir said.

"It's loud music in there. Don't get spooked like you spooked me earlier. Plus, it's like a tight security if you don't have a VIP. Which means Very Important Person identification" Felix said.

"Okay," Claw Noir nodded.

"You are gonna get your ass killed in there" Felix facepalmed.

"I can't die, distant cousin. Death is no longer on my side nor my fate" Claw Noir said.

"This is serious, cat man. Some have tried to get in but they faced death. Plus, not even a city inspector ever inspected that place. It's like they are fooled to believe it's a safe nightclub" Felix said.

"Someday someone has to make it out alive" Claw Noir said.

"Remember, a vampire can indeed get killed through some means like a stake to the heart, fire, sunlight, decapitation, and holy objects," Felix said.

"Yeah, I knew that. Lila used a holy cross which made me very weak and vulnerable. Like God does not like me as an unholy monster" Claw Noir said.

"Then prove to God you're still the same Paw Noir you used to be," Felix said with sarcastic humor.