He Who Gazed With Multiple Eyes

Start from the beginning

"I will." Rovanne nodded, "You know, you got traits of a good mother."

"Oh pshh..." Donovan shook his hand, "I'm not. Anyways. Have fun you two! Good luck Sammy."

Samuel and Rovanne head off. Samuel's heart thumps against his chest loudly as he tries to maintain a calm attitude around Rovanne. As they moved through the grounds, Rovanne tried to explain things to Samuel, "So Samuel. Now that you're part of the security force, we take shifts to go around the campus and find anyone misbehaving and just stop them. Alongside any suspicious uses of magic or hexed areas, we have to clear them out."

"Huh, figures," Samuel answered.

Rovanne continued with her explanation while taking a right and passing the library, "That's the library, if you want classic or old-timey information, you go there and study, just a heads up, the librarian is a bit of a hassle."

"I'll keep that in mind." Samuel quickly answered at a quick and fast pace.

'Huh. he's more stern than usual. I didn't know he could act this cold. Ah, what do I know? I only met him for one day.' Rovanne thought to herself as they continued to walk through the grounds, looking around to find anything suspicious.

In Samuel's mind, hundreds of buttons in his head are being pushed at the same time, was he too rude? Was he too brash? Gary said to be simple and direct. Is this how it goes? Argh! Calm down damnit! Samuel slammed his fist against his head, almost knocking off his sunglasses, making his heart drop.

"Gah!" Samuel quickly spun around and readjusted his sunglasses away from Rovanne.

"You okay Samuel? You look...uncomfortable." Rovanne tried to touch him, but held back.

"It's nothing-!" Samuel straightened up again, "I'm fine! I'm cool!"

Rovanne was surprised for a second, but she chuckled at his behaviorism, "If you say so glasses boy. Come along."

Through the soft greenery with morning dew, a cold breeze brushed past the trees and leaves. A Semi-sunny day hangs loosely above the sky as the clouds remain, but only partially cover the sun. A quiet forenoon settled in the area as the other students remained in the building for their second period. Occasionally spotting one or two second or third-year students moving across the grounds to the library or auditorium hall. The ever-so-subtle chirping of robins and other students practicing their magic can be heard in the far background.

The grandeur of the main courtyard far extended around the school. Vast acres of land are occupied with rich decorations like statues, fancy benches, or trees decorated with multiple flags to symbolize trust or partnership. People always forget where the school is located. Being in the S-class regiment allowed one to witness the grand hills and mountains that rested in the background. Having nestled amidst the verdant and magic-rich cracks of the ground.

Samuel was so lost in its beauty that he missed out on Rovanne elbowing him to get his attention, "Samuel. Samuel!"

"Ah! Owh...Shit. Sorry. What's up?" Samuel shook his head again.

"Uh...We sorta circled the school twice already. In awkward silence." Rovanne said.

"My bad. I was just looking around. Trying to see anything odd or out of place." Samuel said.

"Well, that's good. Cause that's what we're supposed to do." Rovanne then turned to face a random direction, only to find a few students lounging around. Presumably first years, "Ah...crap."

"What?"

"That's Lucas. And his friends. They're skipping class again." Rovanne said, "Now it's our job to discipline them and get them to class. But sadly, they don't respect us enough to do so. Ever since our leader disappeared."