Chapter four

I jolt awake suddenly, taking in as much air as I can. Panting hard still, I look around in confusion and disbelief.

I wasn't in my room. I was in a guest room.

I look around, still breathless, trying to catch any clues as to where I might be before a sudden ache in my head hits me like a brick. Almost as if in cue, I turn around to the edge of the bead where I vomit profusely.

When I'm done vomiting and my eyes aren't hazy anymore, I take a moment to see the bucket that was placed next to the bed, waiting for me to wake up and vomit in it. I'm confused as I turn to the bedside table and find a note.

Good morning. You were sleeping so soundly I couldn't wake you up so Aionar fetched you breakfast from earlier. I didn't know what you like so there's a little bit of everything. Don't forget to eat.

I'm staring incredulously at the note, trying to put a face to the name that was written on the note. Aionar?

Memories from yesterday come to me, but the last thing I can remember is me walking to the bar and asking Ares if we could stay.

Did he take me to his pack regardless of my wishes?! I immediately panic, jumping out of his bed and breathing hard before I look out of the window. I see familiar faces of young pups running around, playing near the field. That does nothing to calm me down. I run out of the bedroom door next where I find lots of plates on the table, just as the note mentioned. I touch the food and it's cold.

Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no! There's no way I missed breakfast and the pack run? The most two important events after an Alpha's ceremony. My hand is resting on my mouth now, shock is the only feeling I can feel as I turn to the door of the apartment.

I'm barefoot and sweaty, but I don't care. I need to find my brother and my parents, now. I have to apologise.

As I'm walking faster and faster as time passes by, pack members pass me, giving me slight nods as 'good morning' but no one actually stops me to say it. I could feel the weirded out stares they give me. Why are the pack members walking around casually? Why are the pups running around and playing? I missed it. I definitely did.

When I reach the main house, I don't knock as I immediately open the door, welcoming myself inside.

"Ivor!" I yell immediately. "Ivor!" I yell again shortly after, and a head pops out of the kitchen. I walk to it as fast as I can after seeing Ivor's face. He's looking at me up and down, but he's acting casual.

"I'm so, so sorry! I didn't mean to miss anything..." I start my apology as I enter the kitchen, watching my parents and a familiar set of brown eyes all staring at me. I give him a quick look before I look away immediately, unable to meet his eyes.

"Ivy, it's okay. Ares was just telling us about how knocked up you were yesterday." Ivor jokes, and my father laughs at his joke. He gives me a quick squeeze on my shoulder, hoping to calm me down, but it doesn't work.

"I didn't make a fool of myself, did I?" I ask immediately, and he shakes his head.

"Did you eat breakfast? We were just preparing to eat before the run. You might want to change quick, though." Ivor points at my body and I look down to see my red dress from yesterday and a black suit jacket around me, covering my shoulders.

"You haven't run yet?" I ask, hopeful. Ignoring his statement about my attire, but that's until my mom leaves a piece of bread she was eating, clashing her two hands together on the table to clean it from any crumbs and takes me by the hand once she's nearby.

I hear my dad make a joke, and they all laugh as I'm escorted out of the kitchen. "Are you guys making jokes about me?" I inquire, humiliated at the prospect.