"thank you ma'am!"

"stop with these "ma'am" "sa'am". call me ananya." she pressed her lips into a smile before troding away.

°°°°°°°°

the meeting was about the budget and storyline of the show. a PR team was created which would be responsible for the marketing of the show. production assistants, writing assistants, camera operator, crew members were professionally selected. bcci was contacted and a deal was ensured which would benefit both the parties. the whole process took a week and now, only one thing was left to do. a host which would be the pillar of the show. who would be the face of the show?

to give the show a authentic look, they made a decision that only a camera crew along with a sound man and the host would be there on the fields and with the players.

a audition was held.

on the audition, ananya was one of the members for selection. she saw the familiar face. ishan.

out of all the participants, she saw the potential in ishan's eyes. they were given a specific paragraph and told to improvise it their way.

the audition was done. it was almost evening. after a period of discussion, it was selected that ishan would the face of the host. a new face would provide refreshment to the show; a new beautiful face to be precise. it was a long day for everyone. but deep down, they were excited.

°°°°°°°

ishan's pov

"i was very delighted how today went. i bagged myself the position of the host for the absolute best show ever! i would get to meet my favorites back there! i'm soooooo excited! can you believe it?! i still can't believe it!" i thought internally screaming in my mind.

breaking my happy dance hour, a call chided in. i go on to see that it's my mom calling.

"mummyy!!"

"beta, ho gaya tumahara selection?!"

"haa ji mummaa!" i giggled unable to contain the overwhelming amount of happiness.

"mera beta he hi itna achaa koye kese manaa kar sakta he." my mom said in a proud manner.

"hoga hoga. kal tak koye aur hi ghar ane ko bol raha tha."

"arey woh toh toxic motivation tha beta ji."

i scoffed at her statement.

"acha suno. sachme beta, aaj mein bohot khush hu. tum ese hi aage barhte jao aur lamba bhi hote jao."

"ouch mom that hurt."

"well, then suck it up."

"well, it's not MY fault that SOMEONE decided to stop feeding me milk in my growing days." i taunted her.

"it's because i thought you were lactose intolerant. you would puke everytime you drank milk. com'on won't you let this poor woman go once?"

"i puked everytime cause the milk's expired every.single.time!"

"ugh fine sorry. now go annoy your brother. breaks almost over. bye betu."

"bye mom."

i cut the call and jumped straight onto my comfy bed. talking with my mother really gets me in a good mood. my mom. the strongest woman i've ever known. i have seen her all broken down, seen her spend nights without food so that she could feed me and my brother, seen her at her lowest when my father never returned from the war. even with two kids on her shoulders, she never backed down from her responsibilities and fought the society like a warrior.

"what can a single mother do now?"

"poor woman, her life's all ruined now."

"how will she raise the children without a male figure?!"

she shut all those blabberings up with her sense of optimism and determination. when raj bhaiya became a doctor, she didn't shed any tears that day. she believed in her son's dream. and now, i'm going to make her proud as well by following my dreams.

she really is my best friend. although she thinks that learning cool "gen-z" words from atharv, our 16 year old tenant, would make her cool. but she needs to understand that she's the coolest one ever, without ever needing to do anything.

my thoughts shifted to my current job.
after one week, the shooting will begin. i must be on my best behavior. I can't wait to see how things work out for me.

°•°•°

A/N

lmao this ananya met THE ishan kishan so casually. god ji, me when? :')