Ree

You're way too uptight 'bout this, was I again in his office hearing him say, "Just chill... No one said you couldn't repair it..."

"You think I panicked back when I asked you for a new one, sir?" said I surprisedly firmly for him: he was even taken aback, taking a step back and throwing a glance aside—only to turn it back to me and hear me say, "It was completely broken, sir: ganz kaputt, just unrepairable... That's why I asked for a new one, sir"

I guess he guessed I'd guessed his plan to give me all the knowledge needed to let me repair the bike myself, so he was surprised now his hopes hadn't turned up to be true; I was making my way out of his office when he mumbled something like, "It means... You don't need my help anymore..."

I turned around and stopped, "I appreciate your passionate telling me about your prototypes, sir", here, I took a step closer to the exit, adding, "but I'm not your son, sir; and you're not my father... We're not humans after all; no need to use all this familiarity"

He stood there, in a corner of his own office, as if an arrow had shot his chest: chocking on my words, unable to utter a word... "I really appreciate your help, sir", I went on, "but I haven't asked you for it: you shouldn't have wasted all this time of yours"

Here, he seemed to regain his ability to speak and whispered, "But I love you, Ree: I love you as my—"

"You surely have heard what I said about the familiarity, sir", I protested in a firm and steady voice, "we don't need it"

"But y-you're—" he began, but I interrupted him, saying, "I'm the only one who truly respects you; I know. But not as my creator—even if I still owe you my life, I don't deny it—but as someone firm and persistent, determined, and dedicated to make the impossible possible: I viewed you as my role model—as someone I should become or at least try to resemble. But... You turned out weaker than even I myself"

And with these words, I turned around and went away, without looking back, regretting none of the words I'd just said, still hearing him trying to at least sob, as a pathetic human being, feeling more energetic and decisive than ever: if one of a kind singled me out himself (I didn't deny it, okay?), it means my first memories are not my curse: they're my blessing, and there sure must be others like me: I can't be alone like this in this huge world, right? I gotta find them. And we must form our own group—as opposed to the police officers' group and the bomb gang—to fight for what is right... and true to our nature: pushing the boundaries of possible both for us, and for humans: we're a part of such a different, contrast, but still whole called the progress—which's unable in a state of war: bomb gang must be neutralized. Whatever it takes