• Welcome •

E P I G R A P H
I don't miss you, I miss the person I thought you were. 

D E D I C A T I O N
to all the writers out there,
y'all are too cruel, but, your books have been an incredible inspiration and comfort, to this dreamer. 

A   N O T E   F R O M   T H E   A U T H O R
welcome readers, to my first original book. i'm so excited to share this story with you. it stemmed from a prompt i found on pinterest. i love the dark academia aesthetic and the prompt just fit the setting i day dream about so often, so here's my attempt at bringing it to life. hope you enjoy it.
unless exclusively mentioned, pictures used are from pinterest. don't own them. credits go the the original artist.
lmk what you think in the comments and vote.
this is purely a work fiction. all rights are reserved. please be respectful in the comments.

I N T R O

"I must see him," claimed a petite woman, trying to push past the tall burly guard holding her back.

The Greek-style towers around them rose high into the gray sky. A gust of wind blew by, rustling the willow tree planted at the center of the courtyard. Two student sat beneath it, gawking at the two.

"Both of you, scram! No loitering today," the security man barked at them, and they quickly scramble to leave. He turns back to the formally dressed woman before him.

"The professor doesn't want visitors today. He's had a troubling day. You know how close the two of them were," he says calmly, letting go of her. But he doesn't change his stance as a barrier between her and the swirling staircase that lead to the professor's quarters.

"Exactly! I'm his sister, I ought to be by his side. Comforting him," the woman argues back, her bob whipping her pale face as the wind increased. It was going to rain.

"He wishes for space and quiet, Miss Wang," the man sighs, crossing his arms in frustration and silently wishing for the same. His broad shoulders droop, and his dirty blonde hair ruffles in the bustling winds.

"I'll leave when I hear it from him, Warner," Miss Wang says, trying to step past him. As soon as her heel clicks on the first marble step, Professor Wang appears at the top of the landing. He looked exhausted.

"Leave, Vanessa. I'll reach out to you when I'm ready for visitors," he says, refusing to meet her eyes. His dark hair is pulled into a bun. His pale skin looked sickly, and he appeared exhausted. Mud was caked on his boots, Miss Wang noted. It was a stark contrast to her neat freak of brother's demeanor.

"I'm here for you, Alex," she murmured, her eyes softening.

"Not now. Leave," the professor replied, disappearing up the stairs once more.

"Take care, brother," Vanessa whispered, staring up the staircase is quiet contemplation. Then turned on her heel and stepped past a relieved looking Warner.

Just as she neared the arched exit gates, she turned around and glanced at the huge window of her brother's suite. She saw a his hunched figure staring at the glass clutched in his hand. Something was wrong..