Chapter 40 : reconciliation

Start from the beginning

  "Well, M-mom.. aren't your middle name the same surname as P'Freen's cousin? Kirk Chankimha Annantrakul" Becky asked curiously.

  "Well, Kirk's Dad is my cousin which is Sammanun and  Kirk's mother is Your dads sister and which is Kornkamon. That's why they were cousins" she smiled at bec. I just observed them talk like they've just been clicked.

By 'clicked'. I mean for example, you have met that person recently or just met that person and you got close with that person by just an hour or a day.

   (Please just get it)

"Freen.. come here for a sec.." Dad said. We stood up and leave our wives there. Dad led me to the washing room.

  "Are.. you not comfortable with us Sarocha?" He asked. "I.. it's not like that Pa, It's just that I can't.. I don't know what to do." I shook my head repeatedly. He tapped my shoulder for reassurance.

  "Hey kiddo, look at me," he said and I obeyed him. "We'll tell you when the right time comes ok? Wait for your Mother's words and you'll soon know the truth, I'm terribly sorry for this my child. I know.. this isn't just something you can get over with easily but.. I hope for you to forgive us someday. You know we love you right? And we will do our best for you" he added.

  I just nod. "Alright pa.. I guess I might need time. I have so much on my plate right now. So don't worry, I'm sure that I can give time for the both of you. And I love you too Dad. Both of you." I smiled and for the first time.

   I hugged my dad. It felt nice to have a father like this. A father who was willing to sacrifice himself to die for his wrongdoings to you. A father who will truly take care of you.

   I finally found that feeling when you embraced your Dad for the first time. When we broke the hug, I saw him wiped his tears away using his handkerchief. I smiled.

  "I'm.. so thankful.. to have a caring daughter like you sarocha.. I didn't expect you to be so kind like this to me after what I've done to you. Thank you so much daughter." He added and bowed his head infront of me to show his sincerity and pureness. I did the same too.

   God you don''t know how much I needed that talk between dad and I. Now I have a feeling that mom would be apologizing too. But she does have a lot to explain to me.

  "Now let's go... we don't want the food to be waiting for us?" He said and led me back to our table. We saw Mom and Becky happily chatting, I smiled at the thought that maybe this could change our lives.

       Becky's pov:

    After Freen and her dad left, me and her mom didn't stopped talking, she never stopped talking about how Freen was so clumsy when she was a kid. I laughed endlessly at her stories.

   To be honest, I had so much fun with her mom, I never really thought that she would be this bad. Her mom was as beautiful as My Freen. They look exactly alike. Her nose was the same as Freen's. How she talks and smiles, they have the same gummy smile that makes the whole world shine when you see them.

Until she went silent for a while, and I know she recalled a distant memory.

  "You know Rebecca.. I always thought that when I left Freen with her Dad, that would change her life. That would make her more independent. I always thought that her dad will take good care of her since her dad has a rich boyfriend. And her dad himself is rich."
  She said while fidgeting and looking down. I held her hands and assure her that it'll be okay.

  "Don't worry ma, from now on, I'll take good care of your daughter for you" I smiled at her. "I'll trust you on that Becca.. and please, if you need anything, you can call me Or your pa, we'll be there for you two. And don't forget to invite me on your wedding day?" She asked. I nodded and said yes.

  After that, we saw Freen and her dad walking towards us. They look alike too. And Freen is much taller than her dad. She smiled at me and blew me a kiss. Good job my love.. you're doing great..

  I think she and her dad already reconciled. I was happy for both of them actually.

________________________

      It was a lovely lunch date with Freen's parents, they weren't very bad at all. Freen was getting the hang of them. We're now going back home since it was afternoon and we wanted to rest. While Freen was driving, she wasn't that tense since we left. Later this morning when we were still heading towards the cafe, she was pretty nervous and tensed. Right now was a complete opposite.

  When she stopped because the traffic light was red, she looked up at me and held my hand. "Thank uou so much for this love.. if it weren't for your advice and support. I wouldn't have been able to be close with mom like that again" she confessed and kissed my hand again and continued to drive because the light was green.

   I chuckled. "It's alright babe, I wanted you to know that you did a great job and by the way, you and your mom are alike." I said, "what? Why would you think that?" She asked confused. "Well, aside from your looks, you and your mothers personality are the same, I cannot think of anything to describe you two's personality" I looked at her and smiled.

   "Don't tell me you fell in love with my mom..." she says with disbelief.

  "No no.. of course not, I already got my handsome fiancé, and I love her so so much" I looked at her and I can see her blushing. "Aww look who's blushing," I said and laughed at her embarrassed face.